forum

Turrets - Cara mia, addio

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ariadim
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on miércoles, 02 de abril de 2014 at 15:42:26

Artist: Turrets
Title: Cara mia, addio
Source: Portal 2
Tags: video game portal glados turrets
BPM: 102,45
Filesize: 16556kb
Play Time: 01:34
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0,74 stars, 38 notes)
  2. Hard (3,82 stars, 125 notes)
  3. Normal (2,92 stars, 99 notes)
Download: Turrets - Cara mia, addio
Download: Turrets - Cara mia, addio (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Thanks to:
Lach
Crimson Lacrima
Winek
Fluttershy03
Dariano :)
simonpearce
I've always loved this song!

I went for the 'hard' version of this map to start with, and although I found it hard to keep my multiplier the first time playing it, I eventually understood what beat it was following and then I found it to be a very enjoyable map! The easy map is always nice to play!

The only thing I found hard in the end after a few times of playing was the ending part after the singing and music had stopped, where it was focusing on the sound effects of doors closing and footsteps. Although it was possible to get these notes, I just found it a little bit difficult as I wasn't sure what to follow.

Other than that, I had no problems with playing it and I think they are great beatmaps for a beautiful song!
Topic Starter
Ariadim
I'm glad you liked it :)

I'm pretty sure that the part you had to repeat is this one, when you have to play whit the chorus, saying "ah, ah,ah..."
As you said, hard level has a hard ending. It's a good challenge ;)
(It'll never be aproved XD)
simonpearce

Ariadim wrote:

I'm glad you liked it :)

I'm pretty sure that the part you had to repeat is this one, when you have to play whit the chorus, saying "ah, ah,ah..."
As you said, hard level has a hard ending. It's a good challenge ;)
(It'll never be aproved XD)

I've got the hang of this map now! The only reason I'm not getting 100% now is because it's late and I'm making stupid mistakes.. >:(

The AIMod didn't find any problems except for a few "objects being too far from the previous object", but I think it's fine as it is! :)
Topic Starter
Ariadim
Excuse me?! I don't know what version of my song is this one you have, but in my AiMod doesn't appear those mistakes O.O''

I only have one problem in easy mode: mp3 is longer than the "playable" part. But i can't do it easier. I must reduce the playing time, deleting ending Q.Q
simonpearce
Have you got the box ticked that says "check distance snap" ? :o

Topic Starter
Ariadim
...no xD

Fixing right now ;)
Topic Starter
Ariadim
Well, i'm trying to fix thos mistakes, but i cant increase or reduce the distance snap. I don't know why those messages appear if i can't fix them
simonpearce

Ariadim wrote:

Well, i'm trying to fix thos mistakes, but i cant increase or reduce the distance snap. I don't know why those messages appear if i can't fix them
I'm not completely sure myself about this, but I don't know if you actually have to make it a shorter gaps. I saw someone earlier saying they were going to ignore a few of the warnings about it, so it might not be vital to have none of them for your map to be submitted? :?

However, the rest of the map seems to be in time with the song and I haven't seen any problems in my multiple playthroughs! Hopefully this becomes ranked! :)
Tear Rain_old
probably nobody needs garbage after 90166 lol
best choice to cut that piece of song and video :)
Topic Starter
Ariadim
New shorter video and mp3 :)
Phos-
Hi o/ From #modreqs

General

If you want to rank then you want a [Normal] diff.

Easy

00:19:528 (1) - Rotating this 90 Degrees clockwise would work better for flow
00:26:480 (2) - Resnap the start of this slider to the large white tick.
01:09:578 (2,3) - Move 01:09:578 (2) - to x:240 y:146 and 01:10:167 (3) - to x:196 y:69
01:36:049 (1) - Adding a finish and moving to 01:34:872 (1) - would sound a lot better.

Hard

Try using less triplets?
00:38:260 (7) - Move slider end too 00:38:846 (8) -
00:43:089 (13) - Move to 00:42:943 (13) -

Any questions about my mod then please message me in game. Have fun mapping and good luck~
Cartographer
Sup, from #Modreq

tbh, since the start of this song is out of tune, you might want to just start from 00:45:461 and ignore the song before that.

Also don't worry about "check distance snap" if the map looks clean that's all that matters.

"If you want to rank then you want a [Normal] diff." - This isn't true, it's a very simple song, so don't worry if you can't make more then two diffs. try Easy & Normal or if you feel you can make a decent hard go ahead.

[Easy]
Easy is passable, however it could use a clean up and better placement. think of flow.

[Normal]
I can see you did your best for the timing before 00:45:461 but I still suggest ignoring everything before it

[hard]
Hard is a mess imo remap the whole thing. Most of it is out of time, and doesn't fit the song at all (OVERMAPPED)

Basically the rule of thumb is: Make the song fit your map, not the other way around. (Don't put notes where there isn't anything, it's called over mapping)
Topic Starter
Ariadim
Thanks for your mod.

Cartographer wrote:

tbh, since the start of this song is out of tune, you might want to just start from 00:45:461 and ignore the song before that.

[Normal]
I can see you did your best for the timing before 00:45:461 but I still suggest ignoring everything before it

I think if i start the song at 00:45:461 , it'll be very very short. And being a little bit lazy, it's hard to cut the mp3 and .avi because i dont have good tools for that :(

[hard]
Hard is a mess imo remap the whole thing. Most of it is out of time, and doesn't fit the song at all (OVERMAPPED)
Basically the rule of thumb is: Make the song fit your map, not the other way around. (Don't put notes where there isn't anything, it's called over mapping)

If out of time means that items are not placed in "existing" sounds, I can delete some circles or sliders, but being honest, i'tll be a second normal level. My intention is to create a hard one.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.