forum

Which type of vibration do pro osu mania players use??

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Miukyi H
I have been searching in internet and found out that there are mainly 2 types of vibrato(a technique through which a person vibrates his/her hand to produce a sound with wave kind of effect) that is arm vibrato and wrist vibrato. These techniques are usually used in violin but I think these are also used by osu players. So which type of vibrations are preferred by pro osu mania players and why??
midgy
i'm not sure how a violin technique could be applied to a keyboard but if by this you mean do people use their wrist or fingers to hit jacks then it's both, wrist is for more controlled movements and finger is more for raw speed/lack of technique

examples
something like this would usually use the wrist to help keep all fingers in sync

something like this would normally use finger because of the sudden transition

and something like this can go either way depending on your comfort with the bpm
Topic Starter
Miukyi H
Okay, what about highly dense patterns?? How do they vibrate their hands this fast to reach like 30+ kps?
midgy
i literally gave an example of possibly the densest chordjack file...
UltraBlack
The two types of vibration you are talking in mania are basically the same but there is a difference on how to use them. Arm vibro is usually hard to control and you mainly can use it only on the vibro maps that you can find out there on packs. Wrist vibration if i'm not wrong is basically a really fast chordjack movement, which means that you are just moving your wrist really fast and strong, this is what people do but not directly because it is kinda just the normal way to play the game. Just play the game and do not push your body too much otherwise you will get injuries playing maps like cyber inductance 1.0 (HOW)
Topic Starter
Miukyi H
Okay thanks for help everyone :)