forum

Combo flames get higher at every "starburst"

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
C'mon, it was that way in the original game. They filled the screen in the original at about 150 or 200, why not here? :P
chan
I'm no expert on the Ouendan/EBA, but did they have some kind of zoom related to combo/fire?
peppy

ZZT the Fifth wrote:

C'mon, it was that way in the original game. They filled the screen in the original at about 150 or 200, why not here? :P
They used to get higher, but people got pissed off at them, and they kinda slowed down the game more for lower-end PCs. I'm not sure I'd want to set them back to how they were because of these reasons. At the moment they gradually get more dense and slightly higher - they just max out at half the screen.
Cecilthemos
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
If you do make them go taller, I suggest making them translucent, since there's no "top screen" and no "cheerleaders" to dance in front of the fire, the fire would completely obscure the background.
MegaTailzChao
Maybe you could make the growing an option? That way people that want an ever growing flame of encouragement could turn it on, and those with lacking computers...Could not!
Homestarrunner
yea, megas got a good idea, have it be able to be turned on and off, and you would have to make it somewhat transparent for the beatmaps with videos
chan
Transparent flames and video sounds like a recipe for lag.
peppy

chan wrote:

Transparent flames and video sounds like a recipe for lag.
Mmm, nah - the strain is there transparency or none.. the same number of pixel shader operations will be run.
Gilrad
Here's an idea: How about the fire goes radially? So, it starts out at the bottom, and when you are at nearly 100% of the song's maximum combo, the fire originates from all the edges of the screen, moving toward the center.
mattyu007
I think we should just do it like they do in Ouendan but make it an option to set how high the flames will go until they max out.