forum

Hello, new taiko player here.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tokkineun
Hey, I'm Tokki and I started playing osu!taiko 2 days ago. I've known about this game for a while since a few of my friends have been playing. I also knew there are a few different types of osu game modes and I've found interest in taiko particularly. At the pace it's going now, it feels like it'll take me a long while to learn and get better, but I'm down to see where it goes. I would appreciate any tips and tricks or any guide references from taiko players (also beatmap suggestions).
Thank you and see you around. :)
mayoneeze
Hello.

Taiko's really fun although I have a heavy personal bias as it's my main game mode. For tips and tricks, just play the game, try to play different maps and slowly climb up the difficulty. I don't think there's any other secret to it except maintaining a healthy mindset of focusing on having fun while playing. For beatmaps, you can of course play what you want but I personally like to stick to beatmaps that match my music taste and are specifially made for the taiko game mode. I find converts extremely awkward and back when I first tried to get into the game mode they burned me out. At least nowadays they updated the automatically installed beatmaps to have more than one taiko beatmap than Renatus but then again I love that map.

See you around.
npc_BeaniCraft
Hello!
KoleciAlexandru
Hi, welcome to Taiko! Glad to see new players, as the gamemode is rather underplayed. Don't worry about fast improvement, just have fun with it!
Ymir
Taiko is really difficult for me 😭