forum

Scott Pilgrim Takes Off is here!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART
Last month, I've watch the Official Clip of Scott Pilgrim Takes Off. From what I've learned, the story is about a guy named Scott Pilgrim who meets a girl named Ramona Flowers and uhmmm... that's all I got lol

It will be available on November 17 so I can't wait to watch this!!

It looks interesting, mostly the artstyle :D

Reyalp51
Oh god Netflix
tity
hype
UPR

Anaxii wrote:

Last month, I've watch the Official Clip of Scott Pilgrim Takes Off. From what I've learned, the story is about a guy named Scott Pilgrim who meets a girl named Ramona Flowers and uhmmm... that's all I got lol

It will be available on November 17 so I can't wait to watch this!!

It looks interesting, mostly the artstyle :D

I read the comic before, hopefully, it is alright (the movie wasn't the worst but could have been better, game was alright though so prayge)
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

Reyalp51 wrote:

Oh god Netflix
Do you have a problem with Netflix?

Reyalp51

Anaxii wrote:

Reyalp51 wrote:

Oh god Netflix

They destroyed so many animes with their shitty adaptations it became a meme
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

Reyalp51 wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Reyalp51 wrote:

Oh god Netflix

Don't worry, it won't be a shitty netflix adaption this time!! (I think)
Reyalp51
Didnt read Scott pilgrim but ive seen some dubs of the comics, the artstyle is pretty cool
StudioGuma

Reyalp51 wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Reyalp51 wrote:

Oh god Netflix

The difference with this one is 1. it’s animated, and 2. the original author’s directly involved
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

StudioGuma wrote:

Reyalp51 wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Reyalp51 wrote:

Oh god Netflix

The difference with this one is 1. it’s animated, and 2. the original author’s directly involved
I have no idea why they wouldn't allow the original authors to not get involved in the creation of the Netflix adaptation...
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART
FINAL TRAILERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

ClevelandsMyBro
my friend is so hype for that shit. on my life i have never seen that dude move his face muscles until now
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

my friend is so hype for that shit. on my life i have never seen that dude move his face muscles until now
great for him! :)
UPR
Watched it about two weeks ago now, coming from me (who read the comics first and expected a straight adaption with some newer minor stuff added) It was mid. The whole plot turn around (not spoiling what specifically) was just a Marvels what if but unannounced. Was some of it cool or decent? Sure, sadly it doesn't take away that some characters just changed personalities about how they act towards a specific thing, compared to the comics. Honestly its a meh one if you want a series to watch other characters fleshed out from the series after reading the comics, but is practically gatekeeping (in my eyes) towards newer fans because of how it basically takes a key aspect from the plot and removes it til the last episode. All in all I rate it a 4/10, cause not even the confirmation that the creator wrote it and approved of it will fix the expectations I had dashed
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

UPR wrote:

Watched it about two weeks ago now, coming from me (who read the comics first and expected a straight adaption with some newer minor stuff added) It was mid. The whole plot turn around (not spoiling what specifically) was just a Marvels what if but unannounced. Was some of it cool or decent? Sure, sadly it doesn't take away that some characters just changed personalities about how they act towards a specific thing, compared to the comics. Honestly its a meh one if you want a series to watch other characters fleshed out from the series after reading the comics, but is practically gatekeeping (in my eyes) towards newer fans because of how it basically takes a key aspect from the plot and removes it til the last episode. All in all I rate it a 4/10, cause not even the confirmation that the creator wrote it and approved of it will fix the expectations I had dashed
I've heard that it was far different from the comics, but I didn't read anything so I won't be disappointed lol
UPR

Anaxii wrote:

UPR wrote:

I've heard that it was far different from the comics, but I didn't read anything so I won't be disappointed lol
Good for you ig, I am quite literally stuck to either waiting for a fan made project, or the creator actually adapting the comic itself :despair:
StudioGuma

UPR wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

UPR wrote:

Good for you ig, I am quite literally stuck to either waiting for a fan made project, or the creator actually adapting the comic itself :despair:
Bryan’s said that he doesn’t want to just do the comics again, hence why he did this instead

(Loved loved loved the show personally)
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART
I watched the first episode and actually, that's quite confusing XDDDD

Like Ramona and Scott never met before and they already end up on the bed together all of a sudden? That's very fast

Also... SHE HAD SO MANY BOYFRIENDS OMGGG
UPR

StudioGuma wrote:

UPR wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

UPR wrote:

Bryan’s said that he doesn’t want to just do the comics again, hence why he did this instead

Yeah hence me saying I have to quite literally cope and seethe until someone makes a fan project
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

UPR wrote:

StudioGuma wrote:

UPR wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

UPR wrote:

Yeah hence me saying I have to quite literally cope and seethe until someone makes a fan project
Not sure if there's going to be one ngl
UPR

Anaxii wrote:

UPR wrote:

StudioGuma wrote:

UPR wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

UPR wrote:

Not sure if there's going to be one ngl
Honestly, probably not, would take too much time and effort, and if the creator sees it and says no to its existence? Well than its just joever. God I really want an animated adaption so bad :copium:
MangaGrumpy
For the uninitiated, this anime was produced by Science SARU, which, fun fact, I mainly know because they animated an episode of Adventure Time
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

MaxIsABigKaiju wrote:

For the uninitiated, this anime was produced by Science SARU, which, fun fact, I mainly know because they animated an episode of Adventure Time
I think I remember that episode in my head lol
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART
I just finished scott pilgrim takes off and honestly, the plot twist at the end was INSANEEEEE
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART
THIS IS EPIC

Ymir

Anaxii wrote:

I just finished scott pilgrim takes off and honestly, the plot twist at the end was INSANEEEEE
Is the series finished?
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

Ymir wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Is the series finished?
so far there's no confirmed season 2