forum

[Archived] could I play osu! on a school chromebook despite the firewall?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tytoniidae
my school has an overbearing firewall on all its chromebooks and im too dumb to figure out how to bypass it

can anyone suggest anything or at least tell me what I have to figure out about the tech im dealing with to avoid wasting my time with stuff that won't work?
(sorry if I sound stupid and/or way too vague, this kinda stuff isn't my strong suit)

osu! version: Stable 20230814.2
Blushing
if you get osu! to run on a chromebook, id be surprised.

In all seriousness, there are tutorials throughout the web that can deal with this. Whether or not theyll let you download the necessary tools to start the download for osu! is a different story.

Most schools tend to have a firewall that doesnt allow unapproved downloads of applications (the approved ones tend to either already be downloaded) but considering that chromebooks are essentially GNU/Linux (sometimes) you could but it might just be better to wait til you get home or install lazer on your phone or something.
BlueChinchompa
I think chromebooks have a linux beta so you might be able to try and setup it up like that.
osu! Would not run well at all.
Dukn

BlueChinchompa wrote:

I think chromebooks have a linux beta so you might be able to try and setup it up like that.
osu! Would not run well at all.
WineHQ does have support for osu! Haven't tried it out but description looks promising. If the hardware can run in then the OS prob wont be the limiting factor. IDK if ChromeOS has a similar thins as Wine tho.