forum

[Archived] I found one of the CAUSES of the recent stutters people have been experiencing!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FireFoxLogo
Problem details:
So, recently in the patch notes for the update, it addressed that the stutters were being looked into. I did some digging and some testing involving graphics drivers. Since the most RECENT NVIDIA graphics driver update, Osu has been getting greatly increased stuttering and input lag. I tasked my friends to test that on their different computers on OSU as we have different graphics cards. Every computer had the stuttering on the most recent driver regardless of card. To give my perspective, I have a GIGABYTE RTX 3080.

To revert your driver on windows, you have to go through the device manager as admin, and then find your card. Roll back the driver. It should fix ALL problems. The current update is highly unstable.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
No SS... I do not think I would need to provide.

osu! version: Stable 20231023.3 (latest)
Riamuw
I wish I could rollback but mine is greyed out as if I never had the old version which is more of a Windows problem on my end but hopefully either osu can be stable with the new drivers, or nvidia does something(most likely not)
Lalo Mora
I have the same problem. I found out that "537.58 driver" is the latest stable driver for Osu. I also have a 30 series card (RTX 3070). Any driver newer than this gives me dropped frames and stutters. Btw i'm using DDU for a clean reinstall of drivers (recommended).