forum

[Archived] Getting "timestamp incorrect" when clicking on links from my download history

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
blazeray
Problem details:

I lost my usb that I had osu on a while ago, but I feel like playing again and want to try and get my maps back. I found out that I still had all the links in my download history and was planning to use an extension to mass download them, but I get the message "timestamp incorrect" when trying to click on any of the links (they're all bm4.ppy.sh bm5.ppy.sh etc.). Anyone think I could somehow still get all my maps back with these links or something?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Error message:

Some links in my download history:

osu! version: Stable 20230814.2 (latest)
Blushing
The number in front of the title is the beatmapset id, You can manually go to the beatmap page (where you can download the beatmap) by copy and pasting the url: h ttps://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/{beatmapset_id}

where beatmapset_id = the number infront of that title.

((I know this sucks, but I have no idea what the actual issue would be other than chrome not storing timestamps correctly with your computer and its internet clock.))
The Whisper
When you download a beatmap from the osu website, a request is made to bm5.ppy.sh with a few arguments, the timestamp being one of them. The timestamp seems to be the current unix epoch time, and if it is not up to date, the link will not work. Also, there is a checksum in the url. So even if you get the time right, the url will not pass the checksum.

Edit:

After looking at the website source code for a bit it seems quite difficult to generate new urls to redownload the past maps, so you will just have to stick with Blushing's answer for now.