forum

[Archived] OSU! Stable Windows 10 keeps thinking I'm pressing ESC

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Toon_Lucky
Problem details:

Hello,
So recently I made a dualboot, install OSU! Laser on Linux mint, enjoyed it, and I wanted to download and add some new beatmaps and since I was on Windows 10 when I actually took the time to install them, I just got a weird glicth with OSU! Stable release for windows : the game keeps thinking I'm pressing ESC. The rest of the system works perfectly fine, it's just OSU!. I've launched the repair osu executable, still got the same problem. Reboot my pc, still got the same problem. Switch to beta branch, still got the same problem.
The only person I've saw having this glitch was on Windows XP 7 years ago so it's a bit oudated.If you have any idea on how to possibly fix that, I'm all ears !

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
WeTransfer Link : https://we.tl/t-3FzEFwG7Mf

osu! version: Stable 20230814.2 and Beta 20230814.1
Blushing
Well, the obvious question is if you go to a keyboard tester: https://www.keyboardtester.com/, and you press keys except for esc then its not an osu! problem and its either the way you have your keyboard set up, a windows keyboard setting that you have, or is some odd issue with linux and windows dual boot that youve got going on.

From the video it looks like `enter` may be binded to `escape` some how, but not sure if that is on a system level or if that is some weird keyboard profile that mightve gotten fucked up during the software/dualboot thing.
Topic Starter
Toon_Lucky
"The rest of the system works perfectly fine". As for the video it's hard to see since I wasn't recording my keyboard but the esc was just p^ressed by itself, I wasn't pressing any key and my esc key works perfectly fine on the rest of my windows and on my linux and onb Osu! Lazer on linux. I doubt it comes from the dualboot since I don't see why it would interfere ONLY with OSU! Maybe I can try using OSU! lazer on windows to see if it works for me ?