forum

[duplicate] Using combo-breaker sound as a general fail sound

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
george111cz
Hello friendly people :-)

I wanted to ask if there is a way to get the combo-breaker sound to play with every mistake. As it currently is, it plays only in the case, where the player has over 20 (or so) combo. I am just a noob, so i would find it quite helpful to have the option to toggle this, it would be handy especially when learning new songs on nightcore, etc. :-)

I understand that this option is not implemented because it could lead to multiple fail sounds playing simultaneously (e.g. on faster maps), but that could be easily solved by not allowing another instance of the sound to be played until the last one finished.

I don't think that this should be the default behaviour, but i do believe, that it could come in handy for some people :-)

What do you think? :-)
uzzi
I'm not sure I see a use for this... Could you elaborate why this would need to be implemented?
sheela
General fail sound?
Topic Starter
george111cz

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

I'm not sure I see a use for this... Could you elaborate why this would need to be implemented?
For example while making a mistake in the early stages of a song - sometimes you just get the feeling of "Oh, did i hit that? Or did i miss it?", then you quickly check the combo counter and then you proceed to make a mistake because of that :-)

As i was saying, i'm just a noob at this game, so it's quite possible that i'm the only this happens to :-D

sheela901 wrote:

General fail sound?
My bad, wanted to write "miss" instead of "fail"... But still, the term "general fail sound" somehow sounds awesome :-))
uzzi

george111cz wrote:

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

For example while making a mistake in the early stages of a song - sometimes you just get the feeling of "Oh, did i hit that? Or did i miss it?", then you quickly check the combo counter and then you proceed to make a mistake because of that :-)
In that case you should have a little more noticeable miss circle or whatever it is called. Or get some louder hitsounds, so you can differentiate between a hit and a miss.
Myke B
It just sounds like you have a hard time noticing every miss. Try out some different skins, and find a Hit0 (missed note) that is more recognizable for you.
Topic Starter
george111cz
Yeah, i'm using Niko v5 skin which doesn't have the best miss graphics. I'll try updating it with something a bit more noticeable, that should do the trick as well :-)

Well, thanks for everyone's input, i appreciate it :-)
casmith789
I can see why this would be useful. I've sliderbroken before on ~15 combo, then went on to "fc" a song with 1150 combo.... and couldn't work out why I had not got the fc. No miss sounds or slider break sound was played.

Of course, I just went and redid the song a bit later but I found myself checking the replay to see what happened.