forum

[Archived] Can't merge scores.db

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
in_credit
Problem details:
Alright I'm pretty sure there are many posts about this but I can't merge 2 scores.db files.
So back in May my laptop stopped working and only just recently I've recovered the files.
I have tried numerous methods, the most notable one being using a HEX editor and pasting the data from one to the other. When I save and launch up osu only the old scores show up.

If there are any other methods please let me know.
Thanks

osu! version: Stable 20230814.2 (latest)
wowcake
How about rebuilding the score.db file database instead? This should work just fine, to do this:

Make sure you've copied your replays over from your old laptop to Data/r/ in your osu! folder.

Then, you need to close your osu! first, and then move the score.db file to outside of the osu! folder (as a backup), and then start the game again.

It should start rebuilding the score.db file and after a bit of time, you should be seeing your scores showing up.
Topic Starter
in_credit
Thanks
Some of the replays were coming back, and it said, "unable to read the requested replay file" when I first re-opened osu.

It started loading the scores back, and then for some reason I watched a replay, and then the game crashed.
After that, all progress stopped and all scores disappeared, however the letter grades were still there.

I did the process again, and this time after waiting a bit it loaded all the scores

Thanks a lot for your help and sorry for wasting your time on a small problem