forum

Allow to vertical flip playfield in osu!mania editor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Tidek
Like in topic, reason is simple, a lot of 4K mappers are from Stepmania/DDR and Im sure that its more comfortable for them to map in flipped editor.

Im really surprised that it wasnt added before (allow to vertical flip playfield in gameplay but dont allow it in editor? really?)
PROGUY
You can create .sm charts in Stepmania/other related editor with vert flip, convert .sm to .bms with iBMSC (open .sm file then save as .bms), and then import it in the osu! Editor.
Loctav

PROGUY wrote:

You can create .sm charts in Stepmania/other related editor with vert flip, convert .sm to .bms with iBMSC (open .sm file then save as .bms), and then import it in the osu! Editor.
How complicated.
Topic Starter
Tidek
My map in osu! has around 200 red timing lines, it will be really uncomfortable to rewrite all lines into stepmania editor. (I dont think that its possible to convert osu timing to stepmania)
But still, press one button and flip playfield is a lot easier and simple.
Cozzzy
Same problem here; been trying my hand at mapping recently, and play testing constantly just to be able to read what I'm mapping and make sure it's good is pretty uncomfortable (and very slow). Support~
Topic Starter
Tidek
Bumping this because I dont see any reason why dont add it, when gameplay allow to vertical flip playfield. It should be basic option in osu!mania editor.
Halogen-
I am going to bump this as well; I am someone who has been making charts for various rhythm games, and my playstyle is upscroll. I have used the osu!mania convertor after charting songs in StepMania, but it very frequently proves to be a hassle when charts pay attention to extreme detail in rhythmic snapping -- I had some intentionally snapped 48ths in StepMania (1/12 on the editor) on a chart and an overwhelming number of notes became unsnapped following a 1/12 flam. It's extremely difficult to make necessary changes when using the editor on "normal" mode when I am someone who plays with a vertically flipped playfield.

This would be an amazing add for some of the SM stepartists that take interest in mapping for osu!mania and aren't used to playing down-scroll. Having to multiple pieces of software just to create an osu!mania specific file is far from ideal. :(
peppy
I will be rewriting osu!mania editor to the point where all your gameplay/skin settings will affect the editor. That will resolve this issue when completed.
Halogen-

peppy wrote:

I will be rewriting osu!mania editor to the point where all your gameplay/skin settings will affect the editor. That will resolve this issue when completed.
!!!!

Awesome! Great to hear, peppy :D