forum

How to change slider speed on BPM setters?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Quozmox
I don't know what they're actually called, but there are regular green pinpoints and red pinpoints that can change bpm. I can't change the slider speed of red pinpoints so I place green pinpoints on top of the red pinpoints to change slider speed but it still doesn't work. How can I change slider speed at a red pinpoint? (especially one marking the beginning of a song)
semaphore
The problem here is that the offset of the red/timing point is later than the green line by a fraction of a fraction of a second, which sometimes happens when you time a song by tapping T. Pressing "Use current offset" in the client does nothing, since it can't "see" decimals smaller than a thousandth. To fix this, you can either delete the timing point and retype the proper BPM and offset, or go into the .osu for each difficulty in your map under [TimingPoints], look for the timing point (they're sorted by offset), and delete the enormous decimal.
Gsun

Quozmox wrote:

I don't know what they're actually called, but there are regular green pinpoints and red pinpoints that can change bpm. I can't change the slider speed of red pinpoints so I place green pinpoints on top of the red pinpoints to change slider speed but it still doesn't work. How can I change slider speed at a red pinpoint? (especially one marking the beginning of a song)
Tbh, I don't know why you need to do that. Just stick to using the green pinpoints (or inherited lines, "green lines", whatever you wanna call them) for slider speed and you can only place them AFTER the red pinpoints, never, ever, before (because the green pinpoints need to "inherit", or go off of, the timing of the red pinpoints; read more about it in the wiki if you don't get me).

To do that, you place one green pinpoint (or inherited point, or "green line", whatever you wanna call it) at the beginning timestamp where the slider starts and change the slider velocity multiplier in the timing panel for THAT GREEN LINE ONLY.

Then to end the period of time when the slider speed (or in osu! terms, slider "velocity") changes happen according to the multiplier you set up earlier, you put ANOTHER green line at the timestamp where you want those SV changes to end and set the multiplier to 1.0x at that other green line to "normalize" the slider velocities and therefore end that period.

Got all that?