forum

is fixing A ranks worth it in taiko?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lucio_
Title says it all, I want to go back and maybe get some S ranks in some of my chokes but at the same time I don't really think it's worth but at the same time I see a lot if not most Taiko players going for high accuracy and S ranks all the time.
CatzerTM
Really it depends on what you want to do at the end of the day as well as what works best for you. Personally it's something I practiced when I more actively playing for more of the challenge as I tend to not to prioritize my accuracy as much or simply might have struggled with it at the time, I would say It helped somewhat as improvement is concerned by brushing upon on certain habits and challenges I might have faced for specific maps.

It has it's benefit at least for me but feel to try something new and see how it goes, But I don't suggest solely relying on it playing the same maps over and over again, it helps to try new things and explore unfamiliar territories. likewise try to go for a higher acc/less misses than necessarily going for a S rank unless you are very confident you can FC.
Akazukin-MK2
You're still learning, forget the bad scores. Always play new maps but don't play the same star rating all the time, always increase and try to play maps that you can barely pass. There will be time later, you will eventually be able to fc old maps in a single try. If now you try to get fc or get ss on all the maps you already played... it will only make your skills dull and you won't improve anymore. If you wanna take it to the next level then play with hd whenever you can. Your acc will go down for a while until you get used to it but you will notice how high your acc has become when you play no-mod thanks to hd training.
Mayomi
I'd say focus more on acc rather than combo, since if you can get high acc then FCs will naturally follow if you give it time. Tbh at your rank I wouldn't worry about it -- play whatever's most fun for you and you'll improve lots -- but from my own experience I can say that revisiting old scores has definitely been valuable. I've found that after I grind acc for a while, when I go back to harder maps I can play them a lot better. It's good to refine your technique now and again.

I would suggest keeping things varied tho, not retry-spamming the same map over and over hoping for high acc S.