forum

[resolved] Taiko don/kat colors not showing up in timeline

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dawgofdawgness
Problem details: ... I may have messed with the skin folders I'm using by replacing the normal hitsounds with taiko ones. I only changed the SFX, though, so I'm not sure why it would cause the colors to disappear in the timeline. The colors are still there in the editing area below, though.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://ibb.co/4shb5kS
osu! version: Stable 20230814.2 (latest)
Jason X
The top bar is using the "hitcircle.png" and "hitcircleoverlay.png" to display notes (from the standard mode), check if you have those in your skin.

If you do and they look the same, it might be best to make a new version of your skin (for mapping), in which you can delete those files (to use the default ones)
Lyawi
you could turn on "Always use default skin" in settings to avoid modifying your skin or switching skins all the time
Topic Starter
dawgofdawgness

Jason X wrote:

The top bar is using the "hitcircle.png" and "hitcircleoverlay.png" to display notes (from the standard mode), check if you have those in your skin.

If you do and they look the same, it might be best to make a new version of your skin (for mapping), in which you can delete those files (to use the default ones)
hmm, i redownlaoded the skin i was using from the internet and the don kat colors are still not showing up in the timeline, what should I do? :C
chromb
just use default skin, some skins don't have the element that shows color on the timeline.
Topic Starter
dawgofdawgness
Ok, I just switched to another skin and replaced the normal hitsounds with the default taiko ones. >_< thank you for all the advice