forum

which tablet to choose? opinion needed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
maximalio
hi everyone that decided to take the time to read this :D.

so today was my birthday and with the extra money i got i decided to go out and buy a tablet, but here's the problem. im not really sure which one to get.

the old bamboo model that most people have is not available anymore (i did manage to find a site which still has a bunch in stock)
and now theres also the new bamboo intuos CTL-480 which is the cheapest at 70 euros.

here's the ones i managed to find:
wacom CTL-480 S (no touch) at 72,60 euros
here's a picture of that one
wacom CTH-470 S at 89,50 euros
here's a picture of that one
which one do you have? which one do you think i should consider?
please leave a comment and a reason or 2 about which one i should get :)

thanks for taking the time to reply if you do :)
TakuMii
If you're only using it for osu!, go for the CTL-480. If you're getting it also for drawing, go for the CTH-470S (assuming that its pen has the eraser like the tablet in the picture, since my CTH-470 didn't have one)
Topic Starter
maximalio

YayMii wrote:

If you're only using it for osu!, go for the CTL-480. If you're getting it also for drawing, go for the CTH-470S (assuming that its pen has the eraser like the tablet in the picture, since my CTH-470 didn't have one)
the picture is copied straight from the site so it should come with the eraser function, and yes i am gonna try to start drawing a bit
thanks for the reply!
Senpoii
I have the CTL, and it's a very handsome device. I used it for 2 weeks though, before I switched to mouse... x.x
RBRat3
This may sound a little harsh but the eraser is kinda utterly useless, When you become fluent in playing keyboard twister you'll come to realize that it's far more intuitive to use the applications eraser keyboard shortcut than it is to flip the pen around.

Just putting it out there... If you can save some greenbacks without the eraser then I'd go with that option.
Topic Starter
maximalio

RBRat3 wrote:

This may sound a little harsh but the eraser is kinda utterly useless, When you become fluent in playing keyboard twister you'll come to realize that it's far more intuitive to use the applications eraser keyboard shortcut than it is to flip the pen around.

Just putting it out there... If you can save some greenbacks without the eraser then I'd go with that option.
alright thanks for the reply:) il make sure to think about it some more, though i really like how the ctl is a bit bigger for some reason:P
Sal32
I just got the CTL-480 today.

Gotta say it's pretty nice for beginner like me ;p
Mara
Play with a mouse instead.
Topic Starter
maximalio
wanna thank everyone for their replies!
i went with the cheaper one for a starter tablet:)

(post can be archived now)