forum

finding a great background for chart

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ndglol
hi so uh im currently cant find any great backgrounds arts for some charts and i cant do art so i cant make it myself
can sb tell me about how you guys find a decent background for beatmaps?
Gsun
Here's a little trick I learned. Type the anime, videogame, show, etc's name or characters or whatever describes your music next to "wallpaper" in the google search bar. Then a bunch of wallpapers will show up in the search results and you can download one of them (yes DOWNLOAD them, not copy and paste the thumbnail images of) directly from one of the websites you find there. Hopefully you found the right dimensions for the wallpapers as well straight off the websites, cause that's required for ranking as well. And ofc, find something free, cause if you want to make a lot of beatmaps, you don't want to be wasting lots of money, right?
[[[[[[
if you're looking for scenery backgrounds, artstation is a good place to find them (tho be careful of the ai arts)

for famous character's art, twitter or pixiv is rly good

or you can just use the song's/the album where the song comes from's cover art, that usually works

for pics that would make for a really good background but the quality is too poor, you can use waifu2x to upscale them
powerplayer75
https://www.amazon.com/Visions-2022__Illustrators-Book-Visions_Illustrators/dp/1975349520/ref=sr_1_1?crid=AEO1IJHSS0JL&keywords=pixiv+visions&qid=1695606928&sprefix=pixiv+visions%2Caps%2C85&sr=8-1

this book is a pretty good way to find a bunch of good art. and because its a book you can just flip through and try to find a vibe you're looking for.