forum

How do I stop myself hitting to rhythm?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dementedduck
How do u guys stop following the song too much
What i mean by this is that im hitting notes in the song whether they sound like dons and kats rather than where they are actually mapped lol

Normally i can prevent this for most of the map but i tend to focus too much near good parts of songs which makes me hit to the rhythm. This can be seen in my top plays which are mostly a ranks due to missing a good part of the song. Not even on hard bits either, if u look at some of the replays I sometimes hit a random kat even though ik theres like a 150 bpm line of dons just because there is a snare in the song or smthn lol

Is this just a play more problem or is there actually a solution? I set a couple of my top plays without sound and that worked better but ofc was no fun at all
Mayomi
Ig try focusing more on the visuals when you play? It's probably just a play more problem since Muzukashiis have relatively simple patterns and longer rests -- once you reach harder diffs the maps become too complex and dense to be able to take artistic liberty lol. Over time you'll form such a strong association between visuals and muscle memory that you won't even have to think about it.
Topic Starter
Dementedduck
hm ok ty