forum

[resolved] Time of records update overflow error

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
blahpy
Problem Details:

The time of records being set seems to overflow to the minimum 4-byte value.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

http://i.imgur.com/u1rG8KU.jpg

osu! version: 20140127 (latest)
Topic Starter
blahpy
bump...
Nathanael
It depends on your system time.
  1. Set your system time at the future (let's say: 01-30-2015).
  2. Play a single map and finish it (remember this).
  3. Exit osu!.
  4. Set your system time back to the present (date: 01-30-2014).
  5. Open osu! and check the map you played earlier.
  6. Poof.
I think peppy should hide these negative values. <.<
peppy
Is this the case where your system time is set *incorrectly*?
Topic Starter
blahpy

peppy wrote:

Hmm, my computer uses 和暦 (Japanese calendar) for the date (I had to set it to Japanese region for another game to work), perhaps that is the reason?
Nathanael

peppy wrote:

Yes. I tried doing the steps what I said before and it does.
I played once with the date of 01-29-2015 and when I reverted back to 01-29-2014, it will show a negative value.

blahpy wrote:

Hmm, my computer uses 和暦 (Japanese calendar) for the date (I had to set it to Japanese region for another game to work), perhaps that is the reason?
I don't think so.
osu! will get the system time and set it on the records. When you change the time again, these records will be affected.
Off-topic: I guess you're playing some visual novels.
Topic Starter
blahpy

Nathanael wrote:

peppy wrote:

Yes. I tried doing the steps what I said before and it does.
I played once with the date of 01-29-2015 and when I reverted back to 01-29-2014, it will show a negative value.

blahpy wrote:

I don't think so.
osu! will get the system time and set it on the records. When you change the time again, these records will be affected.
My time is set correctly to New Zealand timezone... However, I just noticed something very interesting... while my computer shows the year as Heisei 26 (which is correct), osu seems to be putting times as Heisei 2014 (lol?), so perhaps it thinks all records were set 1988 years in the future from now? That would explain what is happening.

Nathanael wrote:

Off-topic: I guess you're playing some visual novels.
Touhou actually :P My computer wouldn't encode any of the text correctly until I changed the region setting to Japan...
Nathanael

blahpy wrote:

Touhou actually :P My computer wouldn't encode any of the text correctly until I changed the region setting to Japan...
Changing the format shouldn't be affecting the date. Or the one you're actually saying was the system locale?
Either of them, I think we can't do anything about it. You should always play on your current date and time so it won't mess up again.
Topic Starter
blahpy

Nathanael wrote:

blahpy wrote:

Changing the format shouldn't be affecting the date. Or the one you're actually saying was the system locale?
Either of them, I think we can't do anything about it. You should always play on your current date and time so it won't mess up again.
Yes, the system locale is what I meant.

My date is correct (and always has been) as I have said several times. Oh well.
Nathanael
Oh, my bad. My system locale was always on Japanese and I think you should stick to that.
I play visual novels and of course, touhou too so I need this. XD
- Marco -
sorry for offtopic but try using AppLocale for Touhou :D
Topic Starter
blahpy
This issue seems to have been fixed now! Possibly it was fixed with this change:

[peppy] Fix incorrect time displayed in local score ranking + tooltip. (fixes /t/103099)