forum

wrist up or wrist down (or both)?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
isopod12
I usually play with my left wrist up and my right wrist down because I played a good amount of osu! with my left wrist up, but I was wondering if it was better to have them both be on the same level. I do notice that my left arm runs out of stamina faster than my left arm, but it doesn't really bother me much since playing stamina maps quickly improves my stamina for me, although I was wondering if it would affect me in the long run or something. also, I find it uncomfortable to have my left wrist down and vice versa but I'm sure all that I'd need is getting used to it if I decided to switch one or the other. What do you think?

edit: added extra info from the time i played osu!standard
Nanofranne
To avoid unnecessary complication, stop playing when there's sudden sharp pain on your hand.

Stamina can be build upon consistencies (get used to playing longer maps, sustaining your pace and burst, not mashing).

Everyone is different regarding posture. It's hard personally to examine when I can just imagine how you play osu, so I leave it best for you

Anything that's comfortable chances are WILL also be comfortable in the long run
Wimpy Cursed
I play the same way.
Left wrist down, right wrist up.
My right wrist only goes up if the map starts to get dense.
For awhile it didn't seem like much harm or anything to my skill, but I started to realize that I would suddenly drop combo if the dense notes keep going on for a long period of time. I could easily play them but my wrist would get into a weird position and my fingers don't really like it (my hand feels weird now around my pinky once speed is dropped on me).

I honestly think that playing wrist down is better for both hands. There is also a video online from Etienne explaining the differences about wrist down/up.

here is the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz-b7qo9nyo&t=44s
Hoshimegu Mio
I tend to use wrist up on less dense patterns and wrist down when mashing.
Ryu Sei
Two posts above me explains my playstyle
bagjettka
I tend to use wrist down on less dense patterns and wrist up when mashing..... use whats comfortable for you
-Lumite-

Wimpy Cursed wrote:

I play the same way.
Left wrist down, right wrist up.
My right wrist only goes up if the map starts to get dense.
For awhile it didn't seem like much harm or anything to my skill, but I started to realize that I would suddenly drop combo if the dense notes keep going on for a long period of time. I could easily play them but my wrist would get into a weird position and my fingers don't really like it (my hand feels weird now around my pinky once speed is dropped on me).

I honestly think that playing wrist down is better for both hands. There is also a video online from Etienne explaining the differences about wrist down/up.

here is the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz-b7qo9nyo&t=44s
same here, my right wrist rises and starts to hurt??? its kinda weird, im gonna try practice not doing that
[TCD] Dzar03
mostly wrist down but sometimes when I play dense stamina stream or jack patterns, I feel like wrist up give me more focus and strength
Neigdoig
I personally play wrist down, since I use my wrist rest that comes with my keyboard to do it (plus, it's on an incline too, so that helps).
pizzaboy
Both are meant for certain playstyles (although I believe I've heard both up is better) I think being a weird monster that defies logic and switched interchangeably through the chart is best but I've never seen a single soul who does that and is good at the game