forum

should i use Ht/less zoom or slow motion

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
osutacochan
I play 3 star and I was wondering should I use slow motion to play 4-star maps and learn patterns and eventually be able to read it or should I just play normal 3-star maps until I just get better at that. The patterns on 4 star and 3 stars are completely different in level so I was just wondering if I should just play the 4 stars slowed down.
GrubDarlng
Stick with your level, you're newer so improving won't take as long. However, if you're going to play half-time, it'll slow the gamespeed down so you'll need to crank up your scroll speed (f3/4).
midgy
ht is a great for widening the variety of what you're playing and it's no different than playing something nomod.
more importantly though looking at your top scores you are getting A ranks on the 3 star ones so you should stick to that until you can S rank

GrubDarlng wrote:

However, if you're going to play half-time, it'll slow the gamespeed down so you'll need to crank up your scroll speed (f3/4).
please make sure both of these are not ticked, this is the reason every file will have different scroll speeds and it's the first thing you should turn off when learning mania as it's much better to use a set scroll speed than making a new one for every single bpm number and never being completely adjusted