forum

[Archived] Random Stutters

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JetpackRobin
Problem details:
I am having a random stuttering issue that I have not been able to resolve in the past few days. I have tried many options that I could think of firstly being the troubleshooting page which I went through all of those options. I have disabled/enabled many different options in game and have tried all types of frame limiting including custom from the config. I have also tried a bunch of different options in many ways of the NVIDIA control panel settings. Turning on/off things to try to narrow down the problem but with no solution. The best solution I had working for a bit was the Vsync option which was relatively smooth but it would still stutter every so often but it was less intense than other options. I have tried to pay attention to when it happens and it is seemingly very random. Sometimes it is during an intense part of a song, sometimes it is on a spinner, and these are all at different frequencies of happening. Sometimes it happens many times in a few minutes and sometimes it rarely happens, there is no telling.
Any response is appreciated.

Relevant Specs of PC:
RTX 4070
I9-9900K
16GB DDR4 3200Mhz
240Hz Monitor
Z390 Motherboard, forgot which one exactly

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Tried taking a video but it was terrible quality with FPS, will provide if needed and will try to make it actually watchable.

osu! version: Stable 20230814.2 (latest)
UJYM
I also experienced that annoying stutter, even on rtx gpu, idk what happened with this game but..

I think it's because Osu (stable) didn't support multithread like Osu Lazer

I've tried turn it on in nvidia control panel, but when i re-open Osu and nvidia control panel, it's turned of again

But how Osu streamer avoid this stutter?
Niwolet
any solution to the stuttering? i also have these issues but ive had them for over two years