forum

[Archived] Frames Dropping/stuttering/freezing during intense parts of song

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xyxuzy
Problem details:
My frames will hover around 920 fps during parts of a song with nothing (spinner/slow part/break ) then at the streams it will go down to consistent like 800 fps and then on really fast jump sections which is the hardest part of the map. It's really weird because during those jump sections my cursor will teleport a bit and it will just freeze in general for like 0.1 seconds which really affects my gameplay during those intense sections. I have a computer that can get 300+ fps in valorant and surely osu doesn't require that much processing power? I have a r5 3600 and rtx 3060 with 16 gb of ram. When I play osu no other apps are open except for few tabs of opera gx and discord. I've already tried changing the frame limiter options like to vsync and unlimited and it doesn't solve the problem. I also already play with the reduce frame stutter option enabled.

I also have really high input delay like 7ms i see top players they only have like 0.2ms how is this possible?
Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20230814.2 (latest)
Blushing
Is this on every map or just specific maps? Does the stuttering happen if you are using the default skin?

I see that you are say you have discord open. Make sure discord isnt imposing a overlay onto osu! (that can cause some issues), as well as make sure anything but osu! is running.

Have you checked the performance troubleshooting wiki to see if it helps at all?

Make sure that you have nothing but osu! open and running.

wiki/en/Performance_troubleshooting