forum

I think osu should make a mode were you have to play multiple modes at once

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
RedCell70
I think it would be a cool if you were able to play a combination of all modes in osu. You can make it so that when there is a break in game play you can switch modes like going from osu to osu takio in the same map. You can make it work on converts and make it is own mode in the editor. I think this is a good idea.
oxxgotbetter
What being gen alpha does to a mf
mayoneeze
User above sounds way too harsh as this sounds like an interesting concept although its probably way too novelty-focused for most players and mappers to be interested in especially since it implies being good at every mode while most seem to focus on two at most. Maybe it would be interesting in a tournament setting. And does switching game modes mid-game really add that much to the gameplay or challenge to be worth implementing?
Espionage724
I think switching modes might be interesting for tag or party play, but I'm not sure if anyone really does that.

Maybe in a score vs, every X combo you can get an attack that causes others to change game modes.

If people made maps that were fun to go with the mode switching, that could be a cool thing for mapping!

Can have some catchy endless song like the endless mode in Rhythm Heaven Fever and have an endless mode that continues switching up modes and increasing speed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOolIisWPYM
Ymir
As interesting as the concept is, I doubt most people will be using it especially considering the skill disparity between modes.
sametdze
i feel your original idea focuses way too much on the player's skills on all 4 game modes. a better idea for this would be osu! relays where 4 people of different gamemodes work together to complete a map.

i do like the idea of combining gamemodes together, i just think making one poor osu! player go through it all would just be too hard. but you never know, some people might be gods at all 4 gamemodes and this is perfect for them.
Lyawi

sametdze wrote:

a better idea for this would be osu! relays where 4 people of different gamemodes work together to complete a map.
now that's a cool idea
JustABeginner

sametdze wrote:

i feel your original idea focuses way too much on the player's skills on all 4 game modes. a better idea for this would be osu! relays where 4 people of different gamemodes work together to complete a map.
As a 4 mode player who just started out, I agree with this statement.
To add to my point, better to have it separately rather than multitasking, you can't improve if you keep on switching the modes without actually gone through the whole song solely on each mode.

And yes, I do like 4 different mode players play together on a map, though conversion just sucks. And having 4 mode beatmaps is also rarely seen unfortunately.