forum

[Archived] Slow/Inconsistent Bancho Connection on New Wi-Fi

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pot
I recently moved states to a new apartment (with new internet) and ever since then I've been having insanely strange issues connecting to osu. I can connect to bancho perfectly fine, but past that everything is CRAZY slow. It takes up to 2 minutes to even connect to the chat room, multi lobbies, etc. When people message me it can take over 5 minutes for me to receive it, and sometimes I just never get it. When I ready up in a multi or send a message it doesn't actually work until several seconds/minutes later. And finally I often get a message saying "Score submission failed, retrying in 16 minute(s)."

For reference, my internet is very fast and stable, and osu! is the only game I've had issues with. I am using Verizon Fios and my Windows firewall is completely turned off. I would really appreciate any help bc I can practically only play offline at this point.

osu! version: Stable 20230814.2 (latest)
Ryu Sei
That might be your DNS resolver issue. Try these and see if it works:
  1. Flush the DNS cache
  2. Restart router
  3. Restart computer
  4. Change your PC's DNS resolver, then flush again the DNS cache after changing
Topic Starter
pot

Ryu Sei wrote:

That might be your DNS resolver issue. Try these and see if it works:
  1. Flush the DNS cache
  2. Restart router
  3. Restart computer
  4. Change your PC's DNS resolver, then flush again the DNS cache after changing
Unfortunately Didn't work for me
Ryu Sei
To confirm that this is indeed your ISP's issue or not, try these:
  1. Logging in using other connection method (mobile hotspot, public Wi-FI, etc.)
  2. Logging in while using VPN connection
See if the issue still occurs.
Topic Starter
pot

Ryu Sei wrote:

To confirm that this is indeed your ISP's issue or not, try these:
  1. Logging in using other connection method (mobile hotspot, public Wi-FI, etc.)
  2. Logging in while using VPN connection
See if the issue still occurs.
VPN fixed it. What do I do from here? I don't really want to have to use a VPN every time i launch osu. Also thanks for all your help
Ryu Sei
There are some ways to alleviate this. One of them is DNS over HTTPS.

In the meantime, you can try to ask your ISP regarding this issue, and see if they can help you.