forum

[Archived] Why the audio preview isn't working?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
joyfulness233
Problem details: When I uploaded my map to the osu website, I found that my map could not perform a ten-second song preview in the Map Listing Site. Every time you click to start listening to the audio, the audio will immediately pause. The audio of the map is in mp3 format, 128 kbps. I'd already set the song's preview point, but the problem was not solved.
Here is my map:beatmapsets/2050995#mania/4282907.

https://easylink.cc/d2q2pe

osu! version: Stable 20230814.2 (latest)
Blushing
Did you have the preview point set on a different audio, and was that audio not encoded to mp3? It might be beneficial to reset the preview point and upload to see if that does anything or jumpstarts. Also, make sure that you don't have any notes before the red line at 00:02:152, I looked at it but the mania editor is a little confusing for me to look at - while I was looking I didnt see that issue but I just want to bring that to your attention.
Topic Starter
joyfulness233

Blushing wrote:

Did you have the preview point set on a different audio, and was that audio not encoded to mp3? It might be beneficial to reset the preview point and upload to see if that does anything or jumpstarts. Also, make sure that you don't have any notes before the red line at 00:02:152, I looked at it but the mania editor is a little confusing for me to look at - while I was looking I didnt see that issue but I just want to bring that to your attention.
https://easylink.cc/d2q2pe
Here is the screen shot about this question
You may have misunderstood my question.
Blushing
No, I understand your question. What I was asking is if you changed the audio file that it was assigned to and didnt update the map on the site with the new audio.

Did you have to convert the audio file to mp3 from a different encoding? Where did you get the audio file from? Did you have any issues or errors pop-up when you submitted this map?

Can you try setting a different preview point and uploading that new preview point. It may take about a day or so for it to fully appear on the website but since the audio file is in mp3, and the .osu is showing things are correct, im just trying to find out other solutions.