forum

I want to start mapping, any tips?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MellowBunz
I already have 1 on da works and I plan to release the demo when the person who created the song, gives me permission to use it, and will update the post accordingly,

that out of da way, any tipz I could use?
What do most osu players think is acceptable and good design & which is bad and annyoing?
I tend to be weird when designing my own stuff (ig a speck of originality) like makin sum parts hard to achieve by an anyday person, so plz help

Edit: I received consent from the original creator to post the beatmap :3
https://www.mediafire.com/file/zckz6i36zro0upl/eevee3473_-_Try_again%2528demo%2529.osz/file (the beatmap, please tell if good or bad)
wafer
honestly just go for it

open the editor and start placing things down

it helps significantly if you look at other maps you like and analyze their placements & rhythm, and then trying to implement those in your own maps
Nao Tomori
copy handsome ai o chikaishi hime kazari and komore calling gd
Topic Starter
MellowBunz

wafer wrote:

honestly just go for it

it helps significantly if you look at other maps you like and analyze their placements & rhythm, and then trying to implement those in your own maps
[/
[quote="wafer"]
honestly just go for it

hmmm... I guess w/o a beatmap to show off, feedback would be hard qwp
I'm always watching osu videos, so this is like a must since I'm a visual learner, so I'll keep this in mind x2

EDIT: GUD NEWZ! I'm allowed to share the (work in progress ) beatmp, https://www.mediafire.com/file/zckz6i36zro0upl/eevee3473_-_Try_again%2528demo%2529.osz/file
here ya go
Gsun
The best thing I can give you right now is a compilation of mapping videos and tools I made for everyone on the forums: community/forums/topics/1756242?n=1. Use this first. Anyhow, if you really want a tip on how to start, I suggest opening the editor and doodling around with each and every editor function to practice getting good at them first. Heck, you can even use ranked maps as examples to help you understand how to go about starting off on mapping something yourself not just by playing them but analyzing them in the editor as well,(probably similar stuff to what Wafer is saying, but it's nice to have elaboration, is it not?). Good luck!
Topic Starter
MellowBunz

Gsun wrote:

The best thing I can give you right now is a compilation of mapping videos and tools I made for everyone on the forums: community/forums/topics/1756242?n=1. Use this first. Anyhow, if you really want a tip on how to start, I suggest opening the editor and doodling around with each and every editor function to practice getting good at them first. Heck, you can even use ranked maps as examples to help you understand how to go about starting off on mapping something yourself not just by playing them but analyzing them in the editor as well,(probably similar stuff to what Wafer is saying, but it's nice to have elaboration, is it not?). Good luck!
TYSM for dis <3
Gsun
You're welcome!