forum

good place to learn about std mapping ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
angel in danger
i mean ... most youtube videos i could find related to osu mapping felt outdated one way or another
also im too dumb to understand anything out of them :3
Lyawi
moving this to mapping discussions
sisig
the fundamentals of mapping hasnt really changed that much over the years. pishifat videos have talked about the core tenets of what makes a map a map generally enough that it can be applied to anything (up to a certain extent)

if you really want to learn more just keep mapping songs you like the way you want to map them, your preferences change over time and with it your mapping skill

if you want more 'formal' lessons you should try applying for the countless mentorship programs for mapping
MrMcMikey22

I think this one's a good video of how to get bns to nominate in order to not slip up your chances of your maps getting ranked...
Gsun
community/forums/topics/1756242?n=1 This is a compliation of all the videos and mapping supplies you'll probably need for std mapping especially that I made for everyone in the mapping forums. It's probably going to be a lot to read, but just take what you need from here. It's worth your time. Trust me.
Lp9
you learn best by doing

so just open the editor and make some maps