forum

DJMax Technika Special Play Mode? [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ShaydeZehetbauer
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku
Already suggested before: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8713

The topic seemed to die out, though.
0_o
1: This has been suggested and turned down before
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8713&p=73190&hilit=djmax#p73190

2: A map in this style has been made (for Approved status)
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/4081

Read that thread for your answer.

EDIT: oh Derekku you ninja you
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
ShaydeZehetbauer
Hmm, seems I overlooked those things.

And while I thought of making a technika styled beatmap, it wouldn't really feel the same as playing Technika itself, because of the Ouendan styled life, layout, ect. (Technika you have to hit the note when the blue line gets in the middle of the note instead of having hit circles.)

I dunno though, it was just an idea that I thought would've been pretty cool and easy to implement.

Thanks anyway though guys!
LuigiHann

ShaydeZehetbauer wrote:

Hmm, seems I overlooked those things.

And while I thought of making a technika styled beatmap, it wouldn't really feel the same as playing Technika itself, because of the Ouendan styled life, layout, ect. (Technika you have to hit the note when the blue line gets in the middle of the note instead of having hit circles.)

I dunno though, it was just an idea that I thought would've been pretty cool and easy to implement.

Thanks anyway though guys!
seriously check this one out http://osu.ppy.sh/s/4081
Topic Starter
ShaydeZehetbauer
Whoa, now why didn't I think of that. O__O

Hell of a good chart, I enjoyed playing it, and now, some inspiration has struck!

Thanks a bunch Luigihan, I guess in future if I want to submit a Technika styled simfile it should just be tagged or marked or something. :P

You guys can close this thread or whatever you do with them now, I'm glad I got my answer. ^^
SevionX
Apologies to bring back a dead thread, however this is something I am very passionate about seeing.

I too love Technika and from the sheer amount of beatmaps and forum posts about it I bet there is a LARGE community that play OSU! that would also like to see such a thing happen.
The Beatmap posted previously in this thread is a great example of how easy it would be to support such a mode but OSU! lacks a number of features which allow a Technika style beatmap to be made.

The BIGGEST feature lacking is the ability to place multiple hits for the one point in time and this is the biggest difference between OSU and Technika. Technika supports multitouch inputs allowing more than one hit to be registered at one time. As an owner of a multitouch monitor and knowing that OSU! has a iphone port this is a feature that would be a welcomed addition in my opinion. However I also see that adding multitouch input would require beatmaps being either multitouch or non-multitouch as players limited to only mouse input would not be able to play if multiple inputs are required. THIS is why it would be a wiser to add this as a seperate special play mode rather than just added support as it would eliminate any confusion.

The second feature is the hit types. OSU has 3 different interactions HIT, DRAG, and SPIN whereas Technika has 4 being HIT, DRAG, HIT AND REPEAT, and HOLD

HIT being the standard pink dots, DRAG being the yellow lines (both of these already able to be done via OSU! )
the unsupported styles of interaction are:

HIT AND REPEAT as seen in the bottom right of the screen in the below image
http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp- ... humb54.png
these require the player to hit the original button whenever the timing line passes over the purple pill shaped sections attached

and HOLD as seen in the screenshot below
http://www.arcadebelgium.be/common/gfx/ ... i09014.jpg
which require the player to hold down the original pad for the length of the line

These are the "features" that are lacking to properly support such a beatmap from being properly created, the last major issue is the timing line.
the previously mentioned beatmap used a video to supply the timing line and i am quite impressed with the timing the creator placed the notes with however for the higher difficulties having a timing line moving at such a slow speed and cramping up the screen with impossible to time dots ruins any experience of the game thus having the ability to control the timing line would make a proper Technika style experience easier to achieve and much more enjoyable and customisable.

In summary of all this tl;dr
The amount of change to support a proper Technika mode is small... this is true... however the complete change in gameplay and requirements is where this would warrant a special play mode and with the MASSIVE community that DJMAX Technika has established worldwide shown via the bemanistyle forums etc and the lack of there ever being a PC version of the game, the addition of such a mode would bring about a LARGE! increase in OSU! players and support for the application, a whole new play style for players to play and enjoy and at not as large amount of a change to the program as most other styles would require.

I hope that my post can have some effect and anyone who loves technika anywhere near as much as my friends or myself do will agree with me on this.