forum

I want to start playing mania

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GreasyShadow
I've been playing standard for a while, but I've been thinking about start mania, but I've never gotten to it.
But recently I've been inspired by a friend of mine to start playing, so I want to start playing mania now.

Anyway, what beatmaps and skin can I start with?
UltraBlack
Start with any skin you like visually, you can find a lot of them in youtube (don't worry about it too much now you will change it with time) and play maps that are easy but that you also like. Basically the same thing as std.
Topic Starter
GreasyShadow

UltraBlack wrote:

Start with any skin you like visually, you can find a lot of them in youtube (don't worry about it too much now you will change it with time) and play maps that are easy but that you also like. Basically the same thing as std.
are converted beatmaps any good
Wimpy Cursed

GreasyShadow wrote:

UltraBlack wrote:

1-2* converts aren't really all too bad since you are still just developing in that area.
But I recommend not playing 3* converts, they are just filled with random minijacks and streams that make no sense at all. Bad for improvement.
_Kancho_
arrow skin is good for sightreading and accuracy
Kasen-

GreasyShadow wrote:

UltraBlack wrote:

never touch convert maps if you play mania.. better if you play mania maps instead
SKC56
These are great starter pack maps
beatmaps/packs
community/forums/topics/330552?n=1

If you feel running out of maps to play (i felt that around 3.5 - 4 star ish) i recommend these
community/forums/topics/1525924?n=1
community/forums/topics/1398422?n=1

Quite a bit of size, but it's still downloadable.
Also, a friendly reminder to not push yourself too hard like I did a year ago.