forum

[Archived] Mouse Cursor showing up on screen

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Voidedosu
Problem details: I have literally only started seeing this today, but I keep seeing my regular mouse cursor for my laptop showing up on-screen while I'm playing, even though this has only ever happened while I'm watching a replay. ANd even then it was only during the replay itself and not while I'm actually playing.

I don't know what I have open that's causing this...overlap, or whatever. I genuinely don't even know what I did to start it in the first place.

It also seems to only be on the left side of the screen, or at least that's the only half I've seen it on. Maybe only the lower left quarter.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: I tried taking a pic where they were both on screen, but apparently my mouse cursor doesn't show up in the photo itself. Just in-game. What the actual fuck.

This is going to be a huge distraction, especially if I'm playing 4* maps and I see the flicker of the mouse out of the corner of my eye.

osu! version: Stable 20230814.2 (latest)

EDIT: It appears closing and re-opening the client ha fixed the issue; at the very least I haven't seen the flickering mouse. However, I would like to know what might've caused this for future reference.
Slowayy_
on replay its normal see their mouse, but, in-game nooo, this happens to me when i opened multiple times the Nvidia overlay, to fix i need close the game and open again, try to disable the overlay from your GPU if u have

EDIT: i didn't see that you had solved it, but that's why ☝️
Topic Starter
Voidedosu

Slowayy_ wrote:

on replay its normal see their mouse, but, in-game nooo, this happens to me when i opened multiple times the Nvidia overlay, to fix i need close the game and open again, try to disable the overlay from your GPU if u have

I don't think I have an Nvidia overlay, though? I don't even think I had something like xsplit or OBS open at the time, either (though I might've later on before I restarted).
Slowayy_

Voidedosu wrote:

Slowayy_ wrote:

I don't think I have an Nvidia overlay, though? I don't even think I had something like xsplit or OBS open at the time, either (though I might've later on before I restarted).
if u have nvidia GPU probably you have them overlay, do you see any green FPS on your screen? or something, press ALT+Z, if open some overlay, you have
Topic Starter
Voidedosu
No, I don't have such an overlay, not even with Alt+Z. It could be covered by something (I'm on the song select wheel in Osu as I post this), but nothing like that popped up that I could see.