forum

[resolved] ghost mania beatmap of money machine keeps forcing its way into my songs folder

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AngelEffect
i wanted to map money machine but the mp3 was apparently "being used in another application" so i decided that it was just some bug and created another mp3 of the song
but the same error popped up and i got confused

so i looked in my songs folder and see like 10 empty beatmap folders of money machine and get rid of them all because none of them actually appear in the game

and now everytime i put an mp3 into osu to map the game thinks that im putting in money machine and bugs out but i am not putting in money machine

help
Jason X
The song's title is too long, that's why it can't get imported to osu.

The message showing up multiple times is because the mp3 gets just thrown into the songs folder without being processed (the above point), and due to the long name it can't be processed.
(One message being shown per mp3 file)

The solution to import: Shorten the name.

The solution to the messages showing up, manually delete the failed imports from the songs folder.
(Windows filetype system: Folders are shown first, so you'll find the mp3 files at the very bottom if they're sorted Alphabetically.)
Topic Starter
AngelEffect
it works now, thanks !!

but now whenever i open the game it automatically creates an empty money machine folder even after i delete it

so apparently it kept doing that bc the mp3 file was still in the songs folder and now its gone
thanks again