forum

Mania PP

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ticaronda
I mainly play STD but I've been playing a bit of mania lately and I have a few questions about the PP system.

1. Why are maps like Triumph & Regret so farmable? Is there like a specific pattern that makes them overinflated?

2. Why is halftime so overweighted?
pofnkul
star rating only cares about notes per second in a short timeframe so maps like triumph and regret with a lot of easily hitable notes for a second or 2 will have much higher notes per second relative to their difficulty

im not so sure about halftime but from what ive seen is that halftime doesnt work linearly for some reason and thus doesnt decrease star rating by as much as it should.
My Angel Marisa
There are a lot factors that contribute for a map to be farmable, but here's the general thing:
1. The map has a difficulty spike compared to the rest of the map.
2. Some patterns are more favourable to the star rating (vibro, LNs, jumptrills, etc etc)
Maps like triumph and regret have both of these things, which make them inflate in star rating that what they should be, and give more pp.

Regardless of how people view on pp farming, pp farming needs skill. So it's fine to farm once in a while but don't let this be the main focus of the game :3
Wimpy Cursed
Farm every map you can
Totally the best tip.