forum

Star rating goes down after raising Overall Difficulty [#2] [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
0_o
I mentioned this on another thread, but I figured it would be better to discuss here.

On my map Joy of Living [Insane], the star rating drops from 5.00 to 4.90 when changing the overall difficulty to 8 (the rating is 5.00 for any other overall difficulty at 3 or above).

There have been other reports of maps that this sort of thing has happened to as well.

Is this a bug in the calculation of difficulty stars?
Kitsunemimi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Yoshi348
Do you mean 8 specifically? Because I know certain maps are actually far easier to read with higher difficulties because there's less notes on screen at a time (I'm looking at you, countdown), though at the same time the timing window still hurts a lot. Still, if it's only on 8 that's really weird.
peppy
peppy
Resolved:

This is not a bug, but the way the eyupStars formula works (yes, I actually forgot this when reporting this...)
The true resolution is to write a better metric for difficulty calculation.
Topic Starter
0_o

peppy wrote:

The true resolution is to write a better metric for difficulty calculation.
Is this being planned for the near future? It's freaking annoying to have my Insane diffs have a lower rating than Hard because of a HIGHER overall difficulty >_>
ouranhshc
i remember this.