forum

[Archived] Just a question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AlexisssTheEpik
This is just a question that I have because there is a loop I found on the Osu's account policy that I just feel that it's straight up stupid.

Let me explain. I want to change my account name, so I go to the account configuration page, and click on the button to modify my name, I read carefully the page and see that the first name change is free. "That's great!" I thought but... To my surprise you have to support osu to change your name...

"Okay, no problem! I'll create a new account with the new name!" But, yet again, to my surprise Osu doesn't allow multiple accounts (Please be aware that creating more than one account per person may result in permanent deactivation of all accounts.)

"Okay then I'll just delete my account and create a new one with THE SAME EXACT EMAIL" But, upon searching on Google: [You are not able to delete your account and unless you have a very legitimate reason no admin is going to do it for you.] then I thought...

If the first name change is """"""""""free"""""""""" then why do I have to support Osu?

I don't want osu direct, God, I don't even play that much, I'm literally level 6. I don't want anything that the supporter offers except to just change my name. This just feels up straight like a troll, I understand that as a game developer you don't want bot accounts destroying the leaderboard of your game. But this got too far. Thank you for your patience, time and attention.
Blushing
the first name change is free, if and only if, you purchase/are gifted supporter for the first time.

You can delete your account at anytime with an email to peppy, just beware that even if you delete your account it does not mean you can create another one as that is infracting on the no more than one account, this essentially means you can never ever come back to the game.

This shouldn't even be a consideration for a majority of the players, and unless you do give a decent reason they probably wont do anything but lock your account.

There are some stipulations to changing your name for free: If it infringes on your personal life i.e. if your username contains private information that can be used to look you up or identify yourself amongst the internet. If this is true then you can email accounts@ppy.sh explaining the situation and theyll hopefully be able to help.