forum

OWC SELECTION TRIALS FOR SINGAPORE 2014

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bardiche_Z
TL;DR
PM me on osu! FORUM pm or FACEBOOK pm to register, MUST BE FROM SINGAPORE.
Facebook Profile:Hi :)

Now as this states, this will be the trials that select our participants for OWC. This will be held during the June holidays of Singaopre! As OWC comes with mod-specific picks, we will have mod-specific trials as well. First, some house rules.

1. Mod-specific trials will be scheduled every week. We have No-Mod for the first week, HardRock for the second, Double Time for the third and the last week will be for HD.This is due to the holidays of polytechnics.

2. Songs will be grouped into 3 separate groups per mod. Each player has to select at least ONE MAP from EACH GROUP. This will be a BEST OF 7 format, including a tie-breaker.

3. REVIVALS are allowed, meaning failing the song is not the end of your match! Also, if any player fails, scores will STILL be compared. Win condition is SCORE only, meaning failing or passing won't matter in this trial. As long as you have the higher score, you win!

4. This will be a ROUND ROBIN system, as there is a need to know who is better than who relatively. Everyone will play each other, so do not worry about brackets.Should participant size be big, a group system will be implemented.

5. A point system will be the determining system for this. A win will be considered 2 POINTS, loss 0 POINTS, and a draw 1 POINT each.

6. This will be a SOLO trial, meaning that there are no teams involved.

7. Players who wish to join, please do send me a PM! There will a limit of 12 players per mod bracket, but it is NOT a first-come-first-served basis. The selection will be done, and no questions will be entertained.(sorry :<)

8. Deadline for Registration: 1ST APRIL 2014(00:00 31ST MARCH 2014)

(This is as of 22 JANUARY 2014, and will be updated as time goes by if necessary. Song List is also NOT final.)

Seeding will be done, and this is just for relativity. Players named below are cordially invited to join the trial, although they can refuse if they really wish to. However, we really hope you will join so that we can at least try to make it past group stages this year!

PRIZE POOL

A prize pool has been added to the trial! Albeit a small one, I hope this pushes for more competitive play :)

Top finish in bracket: 2 MONTHS osu! supporter
Runner-up finish in bracket: 1 MONTH osu! supporter

PLAYERS INVITED

No-Mod:
1. phox(Seed 1)
2. Wishxrai(Seed 2)
3. jcjc(Seed 3)
4. Alacartx(Seed 4)
5. deokoking
6. rainfall1997

Hard Rock:
1. Renegate(Seed 1)
2. Stanlet(Seed 2)
3. Wishxrai(Seed 3)
4. phox(Seed 4)
5. CloudNep
6. Nakano-

Hidden:
1. phox(Seed 1)
2. deokoking(Seed 2)
3. Wishxrai(Seed 3)
4. Alacartx(Seed 4)
5. Nakano-
6. Angelic Force

Double Time:
1. Renegate(Seed 1)
2. Stanlet(Seed 2)
3. Wishxrai(Seed 3)
4. KaySeeWhyWhy(Seed 4)
5. phox

SONG PICKS

NOMOD

HARD ROCK

DOUBLE TIME

HIDDEN

jesse1412
This is far too early, sorry but what.
thelewa
I'm in
AmaiHachimitsu
8. Deadline for Registration: 1ST APRIL 2014
+ we don't know the time when the qualifiers will commence

But well, I thought the best time would be September or sth
Setsuen

thelewa wrote:

I'm in
Switch countryflag to Singapore please. :P
Well it's impossible for a nub player like me to join. I can't even do most Insanes yet and I'm at over 20k playcount. I feel so ashamed of myself :(
Topic Starter
Bardiche_Z

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

8. Deadline for Registration: 1ST APRIL 2014

Forgot to add that the trials would be held during June LOL, I think it's on the facebook post in the SG osu group but it still somehow got missed out here, thanks for pointing out!
Topic Starter
Bardiche_Z

thelewa wrote:

I'm in
please
jesse1412

Bardiche_Z wrote:

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Forgot to add that the trials would be held during June LOL, I think it's on the facebook post in the SG osu group but it still somehow got missed out here, thanks for pointing out!
A lot can change in SIX MONTHS. A lot of players can leave and new good players can come. This is too early.

I'm in. My granddad is from singapore.
Icyteru
nah man this is their strategy for singapore owc14 champions

you'll look back upon how stupid your post is when they win
Myke B
I thought the W stood for world? What does it actually stand for?
Almost

Myke B wrote:

I thought OWC stood for "Osu's Worst Cup".
Myke B

Almost wrote:

Myke B wrote:

I thought OWC stood for "Osu's Worst Cup".
leedle
Topic Starter
Bardiche_Z

jesus1412 wrote:

A lot can change in SIX MONTHS. A lot of players can leave and new good players can come. This is too early.

Erm,, the June holidays are the most viable time for holding these things because ALL schooling students in Singapore have their final exams during the time period of September til' December. And let's face it, if you just start playing for 6 months and become as good as people playing for years I think the possibility of legitness is very unlikely.

Also, until you manage to change your flag, I don't think I can let you join lol.
thelewa

jesus1412 wrote:

I can attest to that, we have the same granddad

Faust is our big brother
Topic Starter
Bardiche_Z

Bardiche_Z wrote:

Also, until you manage to change your flag, I don't think I can let you join lol.
-Soba-
can I play
Andrea
t/148024

Please check this thread, next osu! standard OWC won't even start before October.

Locking this for preventing more useless spam.