forum

[Archived] Lazer file transfer problem - add an option to redownload all the songs ive played

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GoldenGun
Problem details: I reset windows but rather than grabbing my entire lazer folder which has 4k beatmaps and skins, scores etc, i grabbed just the /files/ folder, this folder apparently contains all that information, like maps and scores but when putting it into osu lazer it doesnt read them, any idea on what to do to get lazer to recognize the files,

since with stable it would have been as easy as just taking the osu version of the zip file and moving them but lazers different file structure makes that a whole lot worse to try

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://imgur.com/a/ZYcCqa6

osu! version: 2023.812.0-lazer

edit - well even after trying to recover my files using stellar data recovery i couldn't get the client.realm, and since im not about to try and remember 4000 songs i give up on this game, unless they add an option to redownload all the songs i have played somehow theres no point in touching this game.

rant - since i feel like screaming towards a wall since the dev team or peppy will never see this might as well, i get that the new file system has plenty of benefits, but why not allow for some way to transform the files folder back into osu songs and skins so i can reimport them back into lazer, like i get that my case is very rare and im one of few to have to deal with bs like this but at least give me some sort of option here as my only other one didnt fking work, but its still so frustrating to have the file right there and literally not be able to use it due to a fucking encryption. maybe someone more knowledgeable can somehow get the file back into a .osu file or something like that but i highly doubt it, god dammit, like the website should have all of my scores and stuff in the recently played section, tho i assume past a certain point they get deleted due to size restraints, but still having a mass download button for the maps is the only thing i care about as skins i can get again and scores i dont care much about since this is lazer, but maps are the one fucking thing that i can not get back easily, and like i only have 4k which is not much compared to other people, and yet if a small corruption was to happen to the client realm file you can shove all of that data up your ass as it is now about as useful as and nft. do better osu idfk, thanks either way. gg quit w
- Marco -
The files are hashed, you also need client.realm which has the encryption key (https://github.com/ppy/osu/discussions/24223)
Topic Starter
GoldenGun
oh firetruck, is there not a single way to get them unencrypted, like some way to restore the client realm, as ive tried microsoft file recovery and it didnt work as far as i can see
- Marco -
Not that i know of, sorry :(
Topic Starter
GoldenGun
is there at least some way to download all of the beat maps that i had, as i can not even if i try remember 100 of the songs much less 4k+, like theres no way osu implements such a feature (the encryption) without a proper solution for situations like this right?
koiishi

GoldenGun wrote:

Problem details: I reset windows but rather than grabbing my entire lazer folder which has 4k beatmaps and skins, scores etc, i grabbed just the /files/ folder, this folder apparently contains all that information, like maps and scores but when putting it into osu lazer it doesnt read them, any idea on what to do to get lazer to recognize the files,

since with stable it would have been as easy as just taking the osu version of the zip file and moving them but lazers different file structure makes that a whole lot worse to try

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://imgur.com/a/ZYcCqa6

osu! version: 2023.812.0-lazer

edit - well even after trying to recover my files using stellar data recovery i couldn't get the client.realm, and since im not about to try and remember 4000 songs i give up on this game, unless they add an option to redownload all the songs i have played somehow theres no point in touching this game.

rant - since i feel like screaming towards a wall since the dev team or peppy will never see this might as well, i get that the new file system has plenty of benefits, but why not allow for some way to transform the files folder back into osu songs and skins so i can reimport them back into lazer, like i get that my case is very rare and im one of few to have to deal with bs like this but at least give me some sort of option here as my only other one didnt fking work, but its still so frustrating to have the file right there and literally not be able to use it due to a fucking encryption. maybe someone more knowledgeable can somehow get the file back into a .osu file or something like that but i highly doubt it, god dammit, like the website should have all of my scores and stuff in the recently played section, tho i assume past a certain point they get deleted due to size restraints, but still having a mass download button for the maps is the only thing i care about as skins i can get again and scores i dont care much about since this is lazer, but maps are the one fucking thing that i can not get back easily, and like i only have 4k which is not much compared to other people, and yet if a small corruption was to happen to the client realm file you can shove all of that data up your ass as it is now about as useful as and nft. do better osu idfk, thanks either way. gg quit w
If you still have all the folder, open Osu!-Lazer as a fresh install, then instead of continuing, exit out. AFTERWARDS go into the change folder location in settings, and direct it to your Osu!-Lazer folder, which SHOULD be inside your osu lazer folder that you copied off your old machine! should solve everything.