forum

Rust, DayZ, new "survival" genre

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ChuTwo_old
The only aim in Rust is to survive. To do this you will need to overcome struggles such as hunger, thirst and cold. Build a fire. Build a shelter. Kill animals for meat. Protect yourself from other players. Create alliances with other players and together form a town. Whatever it takes to survive.
Welcome to the world of DayZ, hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few that have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population now infected with the disease. Go solo, team up with friends or take on the world, as you choose your path in this brutal and chilling landscape using whatever means you stumble upon to survive.
I think this genre is pretty new, I know Minecraft kind of has this "survival" aspect to it but these two games completely depend on player interaction, finding out who you can trust, killing zombies, raiding player-made houses.

So opinion on these games? Which one do you think is better?
Dafydd
they're both in "early access"?
B1rd
7 Days to Die is another game of that genre.
Ceph23
I'd pick DayZ just because it says "team up with your friends".
Multiplaying survival games with friends always ends up in laughter rather than surviving.
Spec_old_1
rust seems cool, but that grass texture looks a bit annoying
- Marco -
Requirements:

ArmA II: Combined Operations
DayZ Mod Files (Available on the downloads page)
Balls

lol
Dafydd
I was planning to buy rust until I read negative reviews where all of them said that the community is really horrible.
Sethlied
The survival genre was always like this.
stealthpaw

Dafydd wrote:

I was planning to buy rust until I read negative reviews where all of them said that the community is really horrible.
The're not horrible, just young. Easy to deal with them.
Rust is made by the same guy who made Garry's Mod - so you know it's going to be good.

I play DayZ standalone every once and a while with my friends, but end up rage quitting due to the alpha bugs.

- Marco -

Dafydd wrote:

Rust Developer wrote:

Rust is still in development. This isn't 95% finished, like a regular beta. This is 10% finished
Indeed_old_1

[ Spec ] wrote:

rust seems cool, but that grass texture looks a bit annoying
Pretty sure there's a feature to turn the grass off so people can't hide behind it.