forum

[Archived] Plz change osu unworthy online backrounds

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
khames
Problem details:
I invite the game developers to change this obscene and immoral And unworthy images of the big community of Osu, I'm here to play and have fun, I'm not here to see sexy pictures of a girl in a swimsuit. 'Osu players are not a group of perverts or dirty people who enjoy seeing these perverted pictures, so I hope you to change them to less exciting pictures or something like that, please and thank you!!

osu! version: Stable 20230727.9 (latest)
chromb
wiki/en/Rules/Visual_content_considerations

Anything breaking these can be reported and removed by moderators.
Topic Starter
khames

chromb wrote:

chromb wrote:

But there are still online backgrounds not worthy
lacto
https://github.com/F4stZ4p/killBG/blob/master/osu!killBG.bat

You may to have to re-download maps that depend on storyboard since this kills every image in your osu SONG folder.

edits: noob typos
Topic Starter
khames

lacto wrote:

https://github.com/F4stZ4p/killBG/blob/master/osu!killBG.bat

You may to have to re-download maps that depend on storyboard since this kills every image in your osu SONG folder.

edits: noob typos
you dont understand what i said
i meen the online backrounds on osu main menu i dont meen beatmaps backrounds
JustABeginner
Hi khames!

I understand your concern regarding some arts that look inappropriate to your belief, however because it is a theme Summer Splash - Beach arts, that's why you would see them in swimsuits etc. Apologise in advance for that.

Fortunately, you can disable them via heading to settings -> search or type "Seasonal backgrounds" -> set it to Never
Zelzatter Zero
You can set Seasonal Backgrounds to Never tho if you hate them so bad, like I do.

The rest can be done by reporting to GMT to have them removed instead.
niat0004
khames, I understand your concerns. (As JustABeginner and Zelzatter Zero have said, you can go into osu! settings and set seasonal backgrounds to "Never".)

...as does the osu! team (i.e. the developers), who have stated repeatedly that the backgrounds that are too sexual will not be subject to voting. From the art contest announcement's news post:
"Got that? Great! Now, sit down a second, since we need to get a bit serious here. If you intend to enter, please read the next paragraph.
We know that historically, people have gone a smidge overboard with the whole swimsuit thing. [...] Please keep your choice of attire and configuration for the mascots you draw tasteful, reasonable, and suitable.
There will be no hidden badges or prizes for drawing comically inappropriate pieces — they just won't go up for voting."
"All entries MUST be suitable for all-ages viewing."
"Be sane about your swimsuit designs, if using them. Yes, we feel this warrants mentioning twice. If you're uncertain whether what you want to draw will be okay, you can email Ephemeral about it[...]"

Dabbe_01 summarized it nicely: "When the target community is so horny u have to ask to keep it sfw [Safe for Work] with 3 paragraphs".

The fact of the matter is that the osu! team do not have that much influence on what goes for voting and what doesn't, and will be very reluctant to block something from going to the title screen if it won enough votes.
Remember that all players have a right to vote on the art entries. osu! is fundamentally a democracy, and blocking something from going to the title screen that got the votes it needed to do so will be seen as very undemocratic.

If you do not want art entries you perceive as inappropriate to win, remember to vote on art contests and set reminders for yourself to vote. Remind like-minded people to vote as well.