forum

[resolved] osu! doesnt start normaly and crashes when downloading stuff trough direct

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Faze_Chizuru
Problem details: when starting i get black screen if i accept admin rights and if i reject my game starts with an error message as you can see in the video i tryed reseting my setting or repairing osu both didnt work as shown in the video and when i download anything from direct my game explodes and when i download over the webside it works for the moment but after restarting osu all beatmaps if downloaded are gone (i also edited on of my maps and restartet and that map stayed they way i edited it) and this isnt really nice to play with lol

PS: Sorry for bad english lol

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://youtu.be/eJibx45XrU0

osu! version: Stable 20230727.9 (latest)
Blushing
Can you reproduce this issue and after the game is closed can you locate the runtime.log (this is a log that is found within the Logs folder within the osu! folder, found wherever you have your osu! folder installed to), once located, post the contents of the runtime.log into the thread here.

Another thing that might be useful is to see if a crash log is being created:

Please use the wiki link below to locate the crash log. Once you have located the crash log, please copy and paste its content into this thread here so we can take a look at it and see what is going wrong.
wiki/en/Help_Centre#event-viewer
Topic Starter
Faze_Chizuru

Blushing wrote:

Can you reproduce this issue and after the game is closed can you locate the runtime.log (this is a log that is found within the Logs folder within the osu! folder, found wherever you have your osu! folder installed to), once located, post the contents of the runtime.log into the thread here.

Another thing that might be useful is to see if a crash log is being created:

Please use the wiki link below to locate the crash log. Once you have located the crash log, please copy and paste its content into this thread here so we can take a look at it and see what is going wrong.
wiki/en/Help_Centre#event-viewer
ok i wanted to do it but for some reason my game runs normal again even tho i didnt do anything in the time between besites going to sleep and turning of my pc (i had the bug already for the last half week and turned of and restartet my computer multiple times during that time)
and i cant find my crash log because there is no option as explained in 4.