forum

any ideas on how to get my skill back?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sec112
i haven't played consistently for over a year, and i lost a lot of my skill. my peak rank was low 4k? but now im nearing 6k. my overall goal is to get the skill i had back and not take another insanely long break, i wanna reach something like 3 digit. i was finding myself comfortable around mid to high 6 star maps, but now im even doing poorly on a low 5 star. any ideas on how to get my skill back?
UltraBlack
play songs you like that are not that hard and some maps you used to be able to play back then sometimes. You will need some days until you body get able to do what it used to do so do not push too harshly because you can not control this. Basically play more but enjoy meanwhile you are not in your peak again. Just be patient.
Topic Starter
sec112
dope man, thanks for the tips
midgy
the hardest part of being rusty is mindset, it's annoying to look at files you used to get high acc on and just not be able to play them anymore.
best to completely ignore how good you were before and simply play files based on how good you are rn, you will improve at a much much faster rate since you are just remembering things instead of actually learning them.
also get some new files that you hadn't ever played before since you can't compare to your previous self on those they tend to help me out a lot
shp

midgy wrote:

the hardest part of being rusty is mindset, it's annoying to look at files you used to get high acc on and just not be able to play them anymore.
best to completely ignore how good you were before and simply play files based on how good you are rn, you will improve at a much much faster rate since you are just remembering things instead of actually learning them.
also get some new files that you hadn't ever played before since you can't compare to your previous self on those they tend to help me out a lot
i agree with this
Topic Starter
sec112

midgy wrote:

thank you so much man, this is so helpful