forum

Is my map ready for submission?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
fournra
I am looking at the Mapset Verifier and it says that my lowest difficulty is too difficult for the given drain/play times. What does this mean?
Zelzatter Zero
Do note that Mapset Verifier only accounts for maps going for Ranked. Technically all maps are ready for submission depending on if you want it or not.

Now to said error, it can mean two things:

1. Your lowest difficulty exceed the threshold required for its drain time. For this one I'll give you the reference taken from Ranking Criteria, specifically STD one:

Ranking Criteria wrote:

If the drain time of each difficulty is...
  1. ...lower than 3:30, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than a Normal.
  2. ...between 3:30 and 4:15, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than a Hard.
  3. ...between 4:15 and 5:00, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than an Insane.
  4. Break times may be combined with drain time to meet the above thresholds. For the highest difficulty, this is limited to at most 30 seconds of break time. This does not apply to difficulties with less than 30 seconds of drain time.
2. What you map in said difficulty is way too hard for its assigned name. For example, mapping something Hard-worthy on a Normal.
lewski
it refers to the rules regarding difficulty spread:

osu! Ranking Criteria wrote:

If the drain time of each difficulty is...
  1. ...lower than 3:30, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than a Normal.
  2. ...between 3:30 and 4:15, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than a Hard.
  3. ...between 4:15 and 5:00, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than an Insane.
this is only relevant in the ranking process, so it's not something you need to worry about yet. in fact, I'd say using mapset verifier at all is a waste of time when you aren't a decent mapper yet

also, to answer the question in the post title, any map is ready for submission if the game lets you submit it. all submitting a map actually does is make a page for it on the website; you don't need to worry about readiness before the ranking process
Topic Starter
fournra
Thanks, I uploaded the map and might work to get it ranked later but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't

Link: beatmapsets/2036102#osu/4246101