forum

[Archived] Two nasty problems with osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MidnightAries
Problem Details:
I know this has been reported often on osu but, the programn on my computer is stuttering when I play a map or when it is on in the backround and it's driving me nuts. :o
Also another problem occurred and now I can't download somgs from the program osu((ex: multi))it takes me out of osu but the song never pops up.) I did accidentally get some software and I am not sure if this is what's causing the problem. Holy crud I just want it to stop. :cry:
PLEASE HELP!!

20140117 (latest)
Nathanael

MidnightAries wrote:

Problem Details:
I know this has been reported often on osu but, the programn on my computer is stuttering when I play a map or when it is on in the backround and it's driving me nuts. :o
If your operating system is Windows 8.1, read this article: Windows 8.1 cursor stuttering solution - osu!wiki

MidnightAries wrote:

Also another problem occurred and now I can't download somgs from the program osu((ex: multi))it takes me out of osu but the song never pops up.) I did accidentally get some software and I am not sure if this is what's causing the problem.
Try to check if the browser you're using is on default.
Topic Starter
MidnightAries
I guess I should've added this earlier but I am using windows 7 hardrive. Also the downloading problem is solved but not the stuttering.
Death
This has been happened to me as well for the past few weeks, although I never bothered to report it because I thought it was only me (something wrong with my computer). It also never happened to me during an important part of any beatmap. Basically what happens is osu repeats/ stutters for a few seconds kind of "like a broken record". It doesn't happen often, although there have been some times where it has occurred 2-3 times in a row within a short amount of time, and I restarted osu which fixed it. I too am on windows 7. Also, it is not the cursor, it is the entire game if you didn't catch it.

I believe this is the same problem you are having, correct me if I am wrong.

I have no clue about the not being able to DL songs.
Nathanael
The one about the songs is already resolved.

Hmm. I should also check my cursor everytime.
It kinda stutters for me but not before even my sensitivity is maximum and 1.0x at osu!.
Topic Starter
MidnightAries

E223 wrote:

This has been happened to me as well for the past few weeks, although I never bothered to report it because I thought it was only me (something wrong with my computer). It also never happened to me during an important part of any beatmap. Basically what happens is osu repeats/ stutters for a few seconds kind of "like a broken record". It doesn't happen often, although there have been some times where it has occurred 2-3 times in a row within a short amount of time, and I restarted osu which fixed it. I too am on windows 7. Also, it is not the cursor, it is the entire game if you didn't catch it.

I believe this is the same problem you are having, correct me if I am wrong.

I have no clue about the not being able to DL songs.
Yes, this does happen it just seemed to have intensified over this past week. In which the reason I reported it.
D33d
I've been getting this for a while as well. Even with Geforce Experience closed, I still get the stuttering. I use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, which also appears to have current drivers. I've tried searching for similar threads, but to no avail--like MidnightAries, I also have to either put up with the stuttering or restart my computer. As I need to map for osu!stream, this problem kills my workflow. I can always map without playing the music, but I can't do that all of the time.