forum

Corrupted .osu file?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YourMumsVisa
I wanted to check on an old map of mine but when I download it and I try to open / play it, there's nothing. When I go into the beatmap folder, the .osu is for some reason called "audio.osu" and when you open it, you can see there's nothing under hitobjects.

MAP: beatmapsets/2001069#osu/4160924
Ryu Sei
I can open your beatmap just fine.

Maybe try redownloading and see if it works? The file might be partially downloaded.
Alternatively, you can rename the .osz file you downloaded to .zip, and extract it manually to the songs folder.
Topic Starter
YourMumsVisa
That's odd. I deleted it and downloaded it again and I still have the same problem.
I did the same except restarted by game before downloading it again and once again it happened.
When I extracted it, the same thing happened except it split into more files.
Ryu Sei
That might be your internet issue. Have you tried downloading using other internet connection?
Topic Starter
YourMumsVisa

Ryu Sei wrote:

That might be your internet issue. Have you tried downloading using other internet connection?
My internet is really fast :p
I highly doubt it's an internet issue especially since this is the only time something like this has happened.
I'll try another connection anyway.

But I'm not that bothered anyway, as long as other people can download and play it.
I just wanted to see an old pattern I mapped lol
Ryu Sei
The problem might happened because some ISPs did packet hijacking. In very short, it's the way to give you ads while browsing that was done by ISP themselves. It might accidentally hijacked the .osz file packets so one of it transformed to ads, thus causing errors.

You might get some luck by switching to other connection or downloading from mirrors.
Topic Starter
YourMumsVisa
But if that was the case, wouldn't any map I download have the same problem?
Ryu Sei
It doesn't always happen, of course. So I'm not sure if that happens only on your beatmap or all other beatmaps downloaded.

I can help you sending the beatmap file if you want to try, though doubt if it will be subject to packet hijacking again.
Topic Starter
YourMumsVisa
Yeah that's what I was thinking of doing, just asking one of my friends or someone that playtested my map to send it but again It's really okay, as long as other people can download my maps.
Still an odd issue.