forum

Fullscreen

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Alfred1799
I would like to ask about something. In the options of Osu, if I enable fullscreen mode and then play a map, my accuracy drops significantly (for example, once I got 91% accuracy on a map that I had played minutes before and got an S - 95% accuracy). I play on a laptop. However, when I don't have fullscreen mode enabled, my accuracy goes back to normal. Although visually I only notice a slight change on the screen (it becomes slightly larger, I play at the highest resolution - 1366x768 without borders - but not in fullscreen mode). I would like to know out of curiosity why this happens.

I'm leaving two images of some matches I just played.

Dementedjet
Well if there's no change in framerate or it's insignificant then I dunno what could be the cause

Maybe your brain tells you that when you play in fullscreen that it is unfamiliar to you, even though it has almost no changes, so you become more stressed of this unfamiliarity

If you have no problem playing in window, then just go for it
Topic Starter
Alfred1799

jrjin228 wrote:

Well if there's no change in framerate or it's insignificant then I dunno what could be the cause

Maybe your brain tells you that when you play in fullscreen that it is unfamiliar to you, even though it has almost no changes, so you become more stressed of this unfamiliarity

If you have no problem playing in window, then just go for it
Yes, I don't have problem with playing in window. I was just curious about this.

Maybe your brain tells you that when you play in fullscreen that it is unfamiliar

I don't think that's it, I've played with different skins and I didn't have a significant drop in my accuracy (with some specific skins yes; although I feel much more comfortable with my arrow skin) like when I enable fullscreen
[TCD] Dzar03
I think you are better at windowed, some people got much weirder resolution that they found easier to read, just play with a resolution you find it's the best for you
Topic Starter
Alfred1799
I already solved the problem (days ago): I changed the skin (now I use one with bars, R. Skin v1.2, I also increased the columwith, to make reading more comfortable for me), and I no longer have that problem having the full screen enabled

My performance got worse (principally at LN), because I wasn't got used to reading bars, but I am improving as the days go by.
UltraBlack
Check why you are getting worse acc, it can be because you are pressing earlier with full screen
I AM VERY SMART
Maybe because of the delay in fullscreen mode
Topic Starter
Alfred1799

UltraBlack wrote:

Check why you are getting worse acc, it can be because you are pressing earlier with full screen
Now I no longer have that problem with my new skin (having full screan enabled), which was getting more 300 than 300g (marvelous), as seen in the images above.

I was got worse because of using a bar skin (because I'm not used to playing with a bar skin, but I'm getting better, and I think eventually be at the same level as when I played with a arrow or circle skin*), but now I'm getting more 300g (marvelous) than 300 having full screen enabled (which did not happen with all the skins I tried, mainly circles or arrows).

*To give a general example, in a map (generally 2 to 4 stars) where I got 98% acc (using arrow or circle skin with full screen disabled), now with my new skin I got 92% days ago, but today I can get a 95%.

Maybe because of the delay in fullscreen mode

I don't know, if I disable full screen, a message appears below saying "disabling full screen will increase the latency of your peripherals"