forum

I can’t get better

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Anxag
So basically, I started playing osu!mania about 2 years ago, before that I had already started playing other rhythm games, I had some experience, I could play 3 star maps and get A’s on them, as time passed, I started playing maps like Freedom Dive 4K Another, and I started getting better scores from 500K to 750K, but after that, I couldn’t get a better score anymore no matter how much I tried, I played the level so much but it just seemed like it didn’t matter how much I played, I just kept getting worse at it every time, I’ve been trying for like about 7 months¿ and I went from getting 29 misses to getting barely 100 or more, I eventually lost hope trying to get any better and quit rhythm games for about 16 months, now I came back and I can barely pass 3 star maps.
Dementedjet
skill issue

I guess you could try to rest without playing osu, I mean, my way of getting better is:
1. Get a sudden burst of motivation to play osu
2. Play for like 1-2 months, advancing 0.5 to 1 star up
3. Abandon osu for a long time
4. Step 1
5. Derust for a few days and realise that I got better without playing

But that's just my way of playing, so you could try to find tutorials and similar stuff online
mufugai
Try playing with a different skin and/or scroll speed
Poptont
this is a mistake i see a lot of people (including myself) make
DO NOT play the same map over and over and over again, it gives you mind block and you keep getting worse and worse as time goes on. a good way to improve is to play different maps, each harder of what you can play, so that way you can learn more skills off those map and come back to the ones you could play and set scores on those. not saying play maps you physically can not play, im just saying play maps that are a little bit out of your comfort zone. thats just my opininon on things, other people have different methods. ive been derusting using this method and its actually working quite well, but i do have past experience as a low 4 digit. do not play the same map every session and try to get a large variety of maps and play all of them. you could also do what mufugai said and try out different skins and scroll speeds and see which ones fit best.
Topic Starter
Anxag

jrjin228 wrote:

skill issue

I guess you could try to rest without playing osu, I mean, my way of getting better is:
1. Get a sudden burst of motivation to play osu
2. Play for like 1-2 months, advancing 0.5 to 1 star up
3. Abandon osu for a long time
4. Step 1
5. Derust for a few days and realise that I got better without playing

But that's just my way of playing, so you could try to find tutorials and similar stuff online
Yeah if you read my comment I left osu for quite a long time, instead of getting better, I got worse, and the more I played the worse I got, if I kept getting worse every single time well then I’m not gonna have any motivation to play the game, that’s exactly why I stopped playing it
iShanoa
I have already dumped 17k play count on this game and I am still stuck on 3 stars, but I didn't let this get into my head. The best I can suggest is just enjoy the game - play some anime music or music that you like. Playing the same maps over and over again is bad if you really want to improve. Try to download more maps with different patterns and shuffle through your selections whenever you play. :)
Stickman92
Getting worse at vsrg after not playing it for 16months is just common sense. I can't pass my top PP play without some spamming, even then I only get a B rank.

Playing a song a couple times is more then enough. 198 attempts on freedom dive is just excessive. You're just slamming your head against a brick wall at that point if you expect improvement like that.

Playing 100 different maps twice ,over a week would have been a better use of time.

"I fear not the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times, but I fear the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once." - Not Bruce Lee