forum

It feels like I've hit a wall, any tips to give me so I can jump up to 4 star maps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lvl30dragon
Been playing Osu for a little over half a year now, Mania for about 3 years, and I cant seem to be able to play any 4 star maps. I occasionally hop off osu for a while, up to 2 weeks max and come back, and install new songs when my current selection gets dull, but I just cant bridge the gap to 4 star.

Any tips at all?
especially with sliders they always mess me up.

I recently beat my first 4 star either from sheer luck or weird mapping.
midgy
practice streams like these: beatmapsets/1667815
beatmapsets/87671
beatmapsets/349432

they will feel really really hard at first but once you get the hang of it 4* will seem much easier
Kasen-

midgy wrote:

practice streams like these: beatmapsets/1667815
beatmapsets/87671
beatmapsets/349432

they will feel really really hard at first but once you get the hang of it 4* will seem much easier
this, and try skins. imo it should be able to help your progress
Poptont
the only way to progress is by playing charts you cant play, that way youre learning patterns and picking up speed. thats how i got all the way to 7 stars (like a year ago)
Topic Starter
lvl30dragon
Thanks for the help!!
UltraBlack
I checked you recent plays. First of all you are getting more A ranks than S ranks on 2* maps. If you can't play 3* star maps you have literally 0 reason to be going for 4*. Mania star rating is progressive until certain point so you need to play all the way to get somewhere otherwise you'll get bad at something and good at other things. Do not try to force you to play things you can't play, that will slow you down so much, to a level i can't even describe. 92 is the minimun you should get imo. Play for S ranks, pick every single A you have right now and grind then until you can get S. After that you can worry about playing 4*. You can't learn a new language without knowing the basics, try half time so you can use what you have on harder maps without losing time. If you find me online you can call me and i so can see how are you going in a better way. Good luck
Topic Starter
lvl30dragon

UltraBlack wrote:

I checked you recent plays. First of all you are getting more A ranks than S ranks on 2* maps. If you can't play 3* star maps you have literally 0 reason to be going for 4*. Mania star rating is progressive until certain point so you need to play all the way to get somewhere otherwise you'll get bad at something and good at other things. Do not try to force you to play things you can't play, that will slow you down so much, to a level i can't even describe. 92 is the minimun you should get imo. Play for S ranks, pick every single A you have right now and grind then until you can get S. After that you can worry about playing 4*. You can't learn a new language without knowing the basics, try half time so you can use what you have on harder maps without losing time. If you find me online you can call me and i so can see how are you going in a better way. Good luck
Alright thanks for the tips!