forum

How does one get their beatmap on the Loved category?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LaymooDR
I haven't been able to find any understandable source for the answer to this question, so I hope you all know the answer here.

As far as I know, you have to hope your map is discovered by the captains and they put it up for voting if you are fine with your maps entering Loved.

Also, I've been hearing rumors that you could pitch your own map for Loved, but I haven't been able to prove it, so I'll say that it is debunked for now.
[[[[[[
the only way to get a loved map is: make a good/popular map

if enough people like your map, they will favourite it, if it reaches 30 favs, at least one of said people can send your map to loved.sh, from there you'll need to wait for a captain to pick your map so that it will go to the community voting stage.

you can't "push" your map to be loved, since you can't force people to like your map.

you can still choose to edit your mapping consent tho, which is basically a way to tell the captains if you would mind having your map loved of not.
RatCoffee
it's a very difficult process. the exact details can be found here:
wiki/en/Community/Project_Loved

one thing i got from reading over it is that you shouldn't make a map with the goal of loved. you should make maps for the joy of mapping. if you want to promote your maps, you should push them to ranked. loved is a thing that happens to a beatmap, not something that a beatmap gets through conscious choice. it used to be something you could push for, but it's less the case now.
Topic Starter
LaymooDR

MagicDragon wrote:

it's a very difficult process. the exact details can be found here:
wiki/en/Community/Project_Loved

one thing i got from reading over it is that you shouldn't make a map with the goal of loved. you should make maps for the joy of mapping. if you want to promote your maps, you should push them to ranked. loved is a thing that happens to a beatmap, not something that a beatmap gets through conscious choice. it used to be something you could push for, but it's less the case now.
So, the info I got on pitching my maps for it is outdated? Alright, good enough. My maps won't ever get popular, so I guess ranked is my only goal now. I'm fine with whatever of mine gets the possibility of Loved.
lewski

dPeace wrote:

you can't "push" your map to be loved, since you can't force people to like your map.
this is not the reason lol u cant force bns to nominate ur map either

its more just that it's against the spirit of the category
Blushing
Hi! I commented on one of your posts earlier stating that as someone from the loved team it can be seen negatively since getting maps loved is and can be seen as clout or doing it for the wrong reasons.

Try for an altruistic way, support your maps through linking them in chat or through other means like making a training pack with all your maps you made and categorizing them.

A simple thing for loved is to just spread it around, it doesn’t matter if a lot of people don’t like it, as long as more people do like it and want to see it loved!

Keep your spirits high, but realistically, it is easier to go ranked than to go for loved.
Topic Starter
LaymooDR

Blushing wrote:

Hi! I commented on one of your posts earlier stating that as someone from the loved team it can be seen negatively since getting maps loved is and can be seen as clout or doing it for the wrong reasons.

Try for an altruistic way, support your maps through linking them in chat or through other means like making a training pack with all your maps you made and categorizing them.

A simple thing for loved is to just spread it around, it doesn’t matter if a lot of people don’t like it, as long as more people do like it and want to see it loved!

Keep your spirits high, but realistically, it is easier to go ranked than to go for loved.
I've been trying to tell PLAY s 1847251 about it, but he most likely doesn't believe me. People seem to kind of ignore me in chat, most of the time, but Osu! Discord servers answer, so I can try linking in them. I would try linking it to the Project Lived server, but I already believe that you really can't pitch your own maps on there. Plus, I don't think anyone in that server would even play a random map from some random dude who only made his account months ago. I will try my best to link my map while it exists, so people can find it, but in what chat channel would I post it?