forum

is it okay to have 1/4 in a normal difficulty 105 bpm map?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pafeik
i'm making a 105 bpm map of
"Black GryphOn - insane"
and it has a little bit of swing.
is it okay if i sometimes use 1/4 in it?
P_O
i think you can get away with using them but i'd personally use 1/4 at that bpm as sliders.
If you use 1/4 you might need to make an easy diff with easier rhythm to compensate harder than average normal.
Zelzatter Zero
1/4 at 105BPM is fine. Tho if there's swing I'd probably prioritize that.
Topic Starter
Pafeik

P_O wrote:

i think you can get away with using them but i'd personally use 1/4 at that bpm as sliders.
If you use 1/4 you might need to make an easy diff with easier rhythm to compensate harder than average normal.
thank you, it's my first time mapping, could you explain what you mean by "1/4 sliders"? like starting/ending them off-beat? or are there some settings for sliders?
And also i somehow made the normal difficulty under 2 stars, so i should probably add 1/4s here and there.
I was just a little intimidated by rules, but i guess at that bpm i could allow myself a bit more freedom
P_O

Pafeik wrote:

P_O wrote:

thank you, it's my first time mapping, could you explain what you mean by "1/4 sliders"? like starting/ending them off-beat? or are there some settings for sliders?
And also i somehow made the normal difficulty under 2 stars, so i should probably add 1/4s here and there.
I was just a little intimidated by rules, but i guess at that bpm i could allow myself a bit more freedom
It's a slider for example starting from white tick and ending on the next blue tick. Same length as 2 1/4 circles but you just don't need to click on the end of the slider.

And you can use 1/4 circles here and there too since the song is such a low bpm.

For star rating it doesn't rly matter if your difficulty is under 2*. Star rating in general isn't that good of a indicator of actual difficulty and there are plenty of normal difficulties that don't fall into it's specified star rating.