forum

[Archived] How to Import .osz Beatmaps in OSU for Android

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
firewuf
Problem details:
  1. I'm new to OSU and was could not find out how to import .osz beatmaps that I downloaded from the internet into the game.
  2. I could not find any option in the UI.
  3. I did more looking and saw that beatmaps, skins, etc. were stored in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/sh.ppy.osulazer/files/files.
  4. I used adb to to put the .osz file there, but nothing happened.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: There's no bug.

osu! version: 2023.621.0-lazer
Death
I believe there should be an "Import files" button in the options menu, but unfortunately it looks like this GitHub issue is still open, which may mean it's not possible to import files on Android currently. I would still look for it though.

In the meantime, if you are only trying to import beatmaps and not skins, you can redownload the maps through osu!direct by clicking on "browse" from the main menu. That will pull up a window that looks the same as what's available on the website (which is where I assume you downloaded the maps from before).
Topic Starter
firewuf
I was able to get the menu up, but was not able to see or import .osz files, so I think it is still a work in progress like you said.

As for downloading songs directly in the game, I found a track that I wanted to get started with ("Undefeatable" from Sonic Frontiers) on the website when I searched in a web browser. However, when I made the same search in the app, the song did not pop up. Do you have any idea of what might be going on?
Death
By default the "Featured Artists" filter is applied in lazer, but the current design makes it a bit difficult to tell when it's selected. Try clicking on that to deselect and then try searching again.
Veshurik
How I can find .orz file in all of this?..

https://imgur.com/a/CgzF4pR
chromb

Veshurik wrote:

How I can find .orz file in all of this?..

https://imgur.com/a/CgzF4pR
please don't necro old posts. you'll just need to find ur home directory then work from there.
Yr4653
I trying too. I guess we have problem by importing songs on osu!lazer.apk